• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

We are Devo

529148030_v46Xr-O-1.jpg

Got A Gut Feeling (Slap Your Mammy).

Not a one hit wonder. Devo is so smart I have a Devo tattoo on my arm. Super funny to see live, with the cone hats and hazmat suits, etc. Thanks for making me laugh!

Music

Continuing to assemble my Playlist of the best song ever written--1952 Vincent Black Lightening by Richard Thompson. Here is the current list (not necessarily in order of preference):

1. Richard Thompson
2. Del McCoury Band.
3. Reckless Kelly
4. Josh Turner and Carson McKee
5. Jeff Lang
6. Greg Brown
7. Dick Gaughn
8. The Mammals
9. Beth Wood
10. Reina Collins
11. Jim Bruce
12. Butch Hancock
13. Julia Haligan

Anyone have additions they like?
You have good taste in music. How about early SKA? The English Beat, The Specials, The Jam, The Blockheads. Tom Verlaine (Television) . Blondie, B52's. And Coleman Hawkins, Sonny Rollins and don't forget Thelonious. John Hiatt is great and the Pretenders. Elvis Costello, Talking Heads and The Velvet Underground. That's a pretty long list.

Elvis and the Attractions

1026595477_ghvMU-L.jpg

1026597912_kRGfm-O.jpg

What's so fun about Peace, Love and Understanding? ehh oh!
(Kudos to Nick)

You got that right. Just Googled Steve Nieve's chord changes. Pretty difficult even as a long time keyboardist. How about Watching the Detectives?

Music

After catching the PSB American Masters series story on Pete Seeger, I plan on getting some of his stuff, the Byrds might have made To Everything There is a Season (Turn, turn, Turn) a hit, but Pete sings it with soul.
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Patti Smith. Listen to "Horses" and get wicked scared. Big NYC sound.

Man! The McCoury video sent me lookin' around the YouTube for more. One day I'd like to get to this concert hall inside the Tennessee Cumberland Caverns... it might be awhile...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K7uyG6RrBDE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back