Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada expected to legalize pot by 2018

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar

Canada expected to legalize pot by 2018

Just wondering how our friends up north feel about this.

From this USA today article
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...2018/99769624/

TORONTO (AP) Canadians should be able to smoke marijuana legally by July 1, 2018, a senior government official said Monday.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government will introduce legislation to legalize recreational marijuana the week of April 10th and it should become law by July next year, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to lack of authorization to discuss the upcoming legislation.

Trudeau has long promised to legalize recreational pot use and sales. Canada would be the largest developed country to end a nationwide prohibition of recreational marijuana. In the U.S, voters in California, Massachusetts, Maine and Nevada voted last year to approve the use of recreational marijuana, joining Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Alaska. Uruguay in South America is the only nation to legalize recreational pot.

Wow, we can celebrate our 35th Anniversary July 1st by smoking up.

Not going to happen!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Canada legal pot

Does this mean we should expect Trump to build a northern wall as well ?

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Rally in Canada - 2019 ??
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post

Friedle
    Only if they're paying for it.
    John Simonds
    2016 Honda CRF 250L 2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Calm down Paul. There will be big hoops to jump through before you can get a vender's permit.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    The wall or the pot?
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

I think their is so much weed out there now, that it is practically free.
    John Simonds
    2016 Honda CRF 250L 2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post

Not going to happen!
    I beg to differ. And it's about time. We waste millions of tax dollars, chasing, charging, court and jail. And give huge, yes I said it HUGE ( not quoting anyone south of the border mind you ) $ to organized crime in the process.

And yes Paul, I vote Yes for Western Canada BMWMOA rally. Hell I will even help to organize if it would be seriously considered.
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Canada legal pot by 2018

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    Hell, if they are legally selling pot, they will have plenty of money to pay for building a wall. Trump may even take over Canada and deport all the natives.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

I, in my very politically correct, outstanding citizenship way of being totally, almost, most of the time, completely law abiding, had never been near the demon weed. A gateway drug so to speak.

I drink, I like my beering and beer o'clock is the most important part of the day and the best part of beer o'clock is it happens exactly the same time my low beer light goes off in my head. Yeah, booze ain't a drug----------see the sarcasm there?

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending upon your point of view and how much beering you have done, it does nothing for Arthur in my hands and back or I do enough beering that I don't care that me an Arthur aren't friendly.

This buddy of mine has soooooooooooooooo many health issues that conventional chemistry was doing nothing more than draining his bank account and paying for the fuel in a big ass boat. He found a little something, something that turned him around enough that he was comfortable. He turned me onto it and the difference was enough that the little read head in the bar I frequent could see I had some dance moves. You know what I mean, wink, wink.

We (Canada) are not legalizing pot. We are decriminalizing it which means that you won't get busted for amounts for personal use. We can't legalize it, yet. We have anti-drug agreements with other countries, including the USA. We can't bring ours to you and you can't bring yours to us even with medicinal license.

I don't qualify for a medicinal license. The dope ain't recognized for me wanting to be flexible enough to chase red heads.

I am totally against decriminalizing to the point where you can smoke a bomber and jump into your box and drive home. There are laws against impairment but roadsides to determine you just smoked a pile of weed and are impaired are sketchy at best. Until we have a proper way to determine impairment by grass, I don't want it decriminalized.

I drink a beer, I drive. I drink two beers, I don't. I drink a lot of beers, I chase red heads and make sure that at least one of my friends remembers where I live.

I smoke the demon weed in private, at home and then I go to bed. Once they find a solution to other side effect, I can't have Hawkins Cheesies in the house.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    3xR90/6, two just sold, one for a sidecar.
    1983 K100RS for winter project, two K's sold and just acquired a very rough R80RT.

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post

I am totally against decriminalizing to the point where you can smoke a bomber and jump into your box and drive home. There are laws against impairment but roadsides to determine you just smoked a pile of weed and are impaired are sketchy at best. Until we have a proper way to determine impairment by grass, I don't want it decriminalized.
    Create the need and the technology will be developed. In the meantime, give the police the latitude to yank a driver's license for 24 hours for the guy driving 5 mph in a 30 mph zone.
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post

Friedle
    Which one of his kids will be in charge of it?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Question

I'm not sure what's the greater mystery?

Whether synthetic oil has an advantage over regular oil, or why those who favor legalizing pot, all forms of deviant behavior and porous borders can't figure out why a certain party with a conservative agenda got handed the keys to the White House?

I shall go for a ride now, and ponder this dichotomy.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200