• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

License Plate Frames

barryg

I'm building a restomod hotrod '74 R90/6. I'm adding a lot of period bling. I'm trying to add some to the license plate area. I've got a pot metal license frame from Brown Motor Works dealership San Francisco. I'm going to rechrome and paint it. Is there a cooler frame available, not looking for anything in plastic. Also must be related to BMW's. Thx. :wave

SPPF.jpg

I do not know of anything.

eBay?

I had a very cool 70's era DO IT IN THE DIRT metal license plate frame, but the X Challenge rear tire ate it on the first big (street) bump I hit. I was pissed.

Factoid: Here in Texas it's illegal to cover any part of a license plate with a frame. This seems trivial, since of course the regulation is widely flouted, but it does give the police an excuse to stop you if they want to. (A friend was ticketed for this a few months ago.)

I wonder how many states have similar rules on the books.:nono

Guess it depends on what you want, sometimes you can make something out of sheet metal that looks nice, I clipped the tail of the RRS and made a new bracket, who knows with some angle iron and flat stock what you might be able to weld up.

100-0004-40_IMG.jpg

I'll fix up the old Brown Motor Works licence plate frame. I'm trying to have an old school look, that's why I'm staying away from plastic frame covers.

Back