• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

AutoCom hookup

motodan

Okay, AutoCom [Active-Plus model] hooked up with Part 1321...this is the inline toggle switch, with all wires, that enables change from R1200RT dash speakers to helmet speakers. There are three positions to the switch. I now have [in one far position} only the right dash speaker playing. In middle position, both dash speakers are playing and to the other far switch position the helmet and dash speakers are playing!? I thought it should be one position that both dash speakers ONLY played, middle all dash and helmet speakers played and third switch position only helmet speakers played? Someone tell me how it is suppose to be and if I'm not wired to that, how do I get that way? I think I may have gotten off track since there are two sets of wires coming into each dash speaker. I'm assuming one set is from radio and the other set is actually outgoing from large speaker to smaller tweeter speaker [below large speakers]? Have I spliced into the wrong set? Does that make a difference?

Thanks...I don't think electrical current likes me...may be its my pacemaker???

Call Autocom

Call Autocom @ 888-851-4327. They'll "walk" you through the issue. I think they have the best customer service in the motorcycle audio business (and the best products, by-the-way).

Good Advice

:wave I hooked up the Auto Com speaker switch to my RT last winter and was on the phone with a rep for almost an hour will he walked me through it. The switch will eventually be either mute, external bike speakers or helmet speakers. It worked great and I love the computer volume control. What a set up!

Back