• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Personalized or "vanity" license plates

Two bikes

The first is my current mount that has served me faithfully thru 124,000 miles and dozens of countries. Of course, it is an R1150GS.

gstalt.jpg

Gestalt: A physical, biological, psychological, or symbolic configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that its properties cannot be derived from a simple summation of its parts.

The second is my favorite road bike, a 1996 K1100RS.

heretc.jpg

Heretic: anyone who does not conform to an established attitude, doctrine, or principle.

jeff

Never Again

After checking on-line that it wasn't taken, I applied for "88RS" in California. I believe the expected turn-around is 4-6 weeks. After waiting 3 months I called the DMV and I was told that because of a lock-down at San Quentin there was a 3 month production delay on vanity plates. Please call back in 2 months.

2 months later I was told that my plate selection was being reviewed and there'd be an additional delay. I asked whether the review committee was locked-down too. So after waiting more than 6 months, I was told that my "88RS" was too close to "BBRS" which was already taken, so my request was denied. SHEESH! 6 months to figure that out?

This quality service was provided by the same department that, during my last transaction, lost my check for $800(so I had to pay for a stop-payment), then required me to surrender the original bill of sale, which they then lost, for a boat that I imported. (They apparently photocopied it, then filed the copy and sent my original into the bowels of bureaucracy.) Because they no longer had an original they wanted me to post a bond in the value of the boat.

I will no longer give them any more money than I absolutely have to. :nyah

Any wonder that California is going broke?

-Les

The first is my current mount that has served me faithfully thru 124,000 miles and dozens of countries. Of course, it is an R1150GS.

gstalt.jpg

Gestalt: A physical, biological, psychological, or symbolic configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that its properties cannot be derived from a simple summation of its parts.

The second is my favorite road bike, a 1996 K1100RS.

heretc.jpg

Heretic: anyone who does not conform to an established attitude, doctrine, or principle.

jeff

Two impressive looking rear ends you got their, mister.

I'm thinking of asking for BOHICA, which you veterans would understand, and claim it's the name of my dog.

My wife has a great one for her truck. She raises sheep, and on the back of her Chevy is EWE HAUL

Pete

Two impressive looking rear ends you got their, mister.

It has been said that my rear end gets around! Not that I'm easy or anything.

I'm thinking of asking for BOHICA, which you veterans would understand, and claim it's the name of my dog.

My wife has a great one for her truck. She raises sheep, and on the back of her Chevy is EWE HAUL

Both are great. I haven't heard BOHICA used in a long time! Thanks for making me laugh. :clap

Check out this fun website. The website owner has made a massive list of clever vanity plates that she's seen over the years. She also tries to put the type of car next to the plate. Quite a few of the plates have a link to a picture of the car. They're sorted by number then alphabetically. Fun stuff, and lots of good ideas if you're trying to figure one out for yourself.

BTW, I've never gotten one because I'm too cheap to fork over $40 extra dollars, but I have thought about it and have a few ideas. Maybe some day....

Good name for a K1

This is the plate I got for my 1990 K1 after a friend said it looked like one of the cyber cycles in the movie Tron.

Attachments

• TronPlate.jpg
    TronPlate.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,129
My 1995 GS Personalized Plate "REIT BMW"

My first post as a new member...this is my ride...

Attachments

• reitbmw.JPG
    reitbmw.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,106
Back