• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Personalized or "vanity" license plates

It's an additonal $25/yr in North Dakota for vanity plates. A little over a good case of beers worth.

Vanity plates make it easier for witnesses to remember and identify miscreants.

Not that anyone here is guilty of anything.

Fred

I used to have these (joy).

407941930_8zBMc-M.jpg

I thought I was clever, but of course they are indecipherable for most people. One time a woman thought I was really funny to have a plate that said GENIUS but spelled it wrong. So then I went to this, which was a little more decipherable (peace).

407941665_KfiC4-M.jpg

I never lived anywhere where I could have a plate that said Gem??tlichkeit. Now I'm in Wyoming, where we only get four characters plus the county number (5-WHAT or whatever). I haven't found out how much a plate would cost because I haven't come up with anything worth the effort.

I've thought about getting one for the bike(s), but then I always imagine some motorist behind me trying to figure out what it means and rear-ending me! :uhoh :lol

I like my plates, but have to admit.... it was kind of disappointing when they stopped stamping license plates. Now they just stretch a vinyl-like coving over a piece of metal. I doubt these plates will last as long as stamped ones. All just to save a buck.

Vanity plates

I haven't decided if / what to put on the bike (2000 R1100RT). Here in California, the cost and fees for a personalized (Vanity) license plate on a motorcycle are as follows: taken from the DMV web site http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/fees/special.htm#mem

Personalized
Original $90
Renewal $70
Duplicate $30
Reassignment $45
Conversion $90
Retention $30

My wife bought me a Vanity plate for my car 30 years ago when we were newlyweds (in July). For Christmas that year, I bought her one that compliments mine. They are: My car - IM TAKEN Her car - ME TAKEN
These plates have been with us for 30 years and have been transferred from car to car MANY times.

T120R
On my Triumph.
It's the model designation and I would think only another Triumph fan would get it.
My mechanic lusts for it.
Wish we had a British Flag waving smily......

I get it. :thumb

'04 R1150RS ---------- NHBMW
'07 Bonneville T100 ---- T-100 (state made me add the hyphen)
'09 650 VStrom ABS --- BAIKU

My Plate Is My Avatar

But the question is...

Wanderer
or
Wonderer

I'll leave it to each reader to choose.

I too need help.

The bike was built on St-Valentine's day so should I get:

DALUVRT

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just got approved and waiting for the state to stamp it out.

09 R1200 RT: Washington State ZZZUNE (Mixes my job and my hobby.) :)

Re: ZZZUNE

I was thinking of a possibly too-obscure mixture of ZZZOOM and Zune (which is the job part).:hungover

Kids are grown and almost gone so......

WFSDOK is found on my K100RS

Stands for "wife said ok"

tried to upload pic but had problems

Back