Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Border Crossing Reminder

  1. #1
    I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Live Free & Ride, NH

    Exclamation Border Crossing Reminder


    Crossing the International Border between Canada and the United States requires inspection by Immigration & Customs, which will include a vehicle inspection. You will need personal identification documents, which differ depending on your citizenship. American and Canadian citizens need proof of citizenship, such as: a certified birth certificate PLUS a photo id (such as a driver's license); or a passport. A child without a passport, or who is not included on a parent's passport, must have a birth certificate, and if not the child of the adults accompanying them, a letter from the parents (with telephone and address contact information) is required. Citizens of other countries may be required to have a passport and/or visa.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

  2. #2
    I just had a whole crew of buddies from Pittsburgh PA go to a rover rally in Canada and get BIG hassles because the only ID they brought were Drivers Licenses. BRING your Passport is the advice of the day. It isn't the old days where the Canadian crossing was like driving accross a state line with a short chat with a cute Canadian girl. Why are most of them female and cute anyway?


  3. #3

    Thanks SheRidesABeemer!

    Thanks for the heads up. I am considering going to the Lunatic Fringe Rally before Spokane and have lots of questions about riding in Canada. The border crossing was a biggie, of course.

    In fact, just so that I don't hijack, I am going to start another thread with my questions. Your input would be appreciated!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts