• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A super GS list - FREE

PAULBACH

Presently trying to work some great material from Michael Murray into the January column. MAX BMW in Troy, NY sponsored Michael and even threw in a few lunch for those who attended. Thank you Ben! Michael's photography is spectacular and the adventure should be seen if Michael is presented by your dealer.

In the meantime download his great list even if you are not a GS rider. In an email to Michael Murray I suggested he consider adding SPOT to his list.

Four our MOA thread to SPOT click here.

The Trans-America Trail (TAT) is nearly 5,000 miles of dirt, brush, rock, sand, mountain terrain, river crossings, swamps, and just about every other kind of
terrain you can think of. If you’re planning to ride all or parts of the Trans-America Trail, you’ll need to be prepared.

Michael Murray, adventure motorcyclist and cameraman for the Road Less Traveled documentary has compiled a list of “What to Bring” which will help you be more prepared for your adventure on the Trans-America Trail.

Here is the link to the FREE and superlative list.

Click Here

Strange that in his Survival Gear (When things go wrong): section, he hasn't listed a PLB. Any serious adventurer going anywhere really remote, would.

My CRS Syndrome is kicking up again? PLB? If perchance that is a device like SPOT I did send a note suggesting the same.

...what's the chain lube for....
Wise guy! :p

BMW_F_800_GS_with_chain_drive-1_270x192.JPG

Fred
'09 F800GS (chain drive)
'07 R1200R (Jurassic drive)

My CRS Syndrome is kicking up again? PLB? If perchance that is a device like SPOT I did send a note suggesting the same.

As already stated: Personal Locator Beacon.

If I was serious about being found by Search And Rescue (SAR), and who wouldn't be, I'd be taking a PLB on a tour, whether I go solo or in a group.

I plan to have a new one before I head to Iceland...when I get the extra time off to tour there. ;) Another 3 years and 9 months to an early retirement. Yes!!! But who is counting.

IMO, the SPOT is great for laying breadcrumbs and OK messages that someone can follow along at home on the PC. As for saving my life...sorry, no way I trust it.

Back