• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finding snow while riding for Fall Foliage pics

C

CO_G30

I had a nice ride in the mountains today while looking for photogenic foliage. For those of you in the Denver vicinity, CO103 is still open even though Mount Evans Road is closed for the winter.

I managed to ride through Red Rocks Park, Lookout Mountain, CO 103 up to Echo Lake and down to Idaho Springs, then back to Denver via US 6's twisty canyon road.

Here's three pics that turned out ok. More details re the ride and more pics in the blog posting for today: LINK

2956366488_e5fcc6189d.jpg

Large Version Heading up to Mt Evans Rd on CO103

2956366284_0c27674c94.jpg

Large Version Red Rocks Park

2955520797_9122f03696.jpg

Large Version On US6, heading towards Denver

So when is the "soonest" (is that a real word?) I can ride some great loops from the denver area in the spring? I've got a freind (doesn't ride) and would like to see him plus enjoy a day or two riding the front range.

thanks,
-steve

So when is the "soonest" (is that a real word?) I can ride some great loops from the denver area in the spring? I've got a freind (doesn't ride) and would like to see him plus enjoy a day or two riding the front range.

thanks,
-steve

hmmm, I guess it depends on where exactly you want to go.....one great site maintained by CDOT gives you a good idea of road conditions on a daily basis:

LINK

You could check out the rides I've posted in early spring for the last two years in my blog and see what the roads were like on those days.....

If you want snow visible on the mountains but roads mostly passable unless there's been a snow storm recently, you could plan for as early as March perhaps, but april/may might be better.

there's a saying here in winter months: don't like the weather, wait a few minutes..... carry warm gear accordingly.

This was from a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park a few weeks ago... ya' never know what the weather's going to do!

Attachments

• Trail Ridge Rd 007.jpg
    Trail Ridge Rd 007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 95
Rode home in a snow storm Wednesday. Oshawa to Ajax, Ontario..And I am riding today.

Back