Thread: gas filter relocation -Sea foam

R1100RT,K75,Burgman650 chrismiii's Avatar

gas filter relocation -Sea foam

anyone point me to the site for the gas filter relocation for my 2000RT ?

-also read somewhere a while back about sea foam and how he cleaned his heads with it sucking it in via the vacume nips on the t bodies . any clue on this one also?
    Thanks

- one more thing while you are here anyone got the love for avon's like I do - work great on my K75 -can anyone recommend Avon's for the 2000RT also -or should I just replace the Z6's?

go here for the fuel filter relocation, along with a bunch of other tidbits http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/index.shtml

do a forum search on "seafoam" or "seafoam cleaning", and see what you get. DIY, buddy, DIY!!
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

BUBBAZANETTI
    careful with this mod, it was detailed on a 94' R11RS in the lentini article, and this should work fine for your bike, but alas, it did not for my 99 R11S, which has a somewhat different build type than the RS/RT

didn't like this length of hose resting right on the (hot) area of the head gasket

i eventually put it here, but the non stop thoughts of "spark from battery + fuel vapors = a sad future sex life for BZ" caused me to relocate back to the tank

oh, and don't use that BMW filter outside the tank, find a proper auto one rated for external use, they're cheaper and a bit larger, Deutsch 4001 or something IIRC

have you seen this update to Lentini's RS installation?
    http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads...RT/index.shtml

yeah, i'd like to have mine outside the tank, but the S just does not offer the right placement.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots