• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Ride To The Garden OF Eden

B

BobMielke

So, I was headed toward Astoria, OR on Highway 30W. I had intended to go to the coast and pick up Hwy 101 heading to Canon Beach. I never made it that far. When I had passed Helen, OR I was cruising along looking for Fall color. Suddenly a break in the roadside folliage revealed a colorful, small bridge crossing some sort of stream. My interest was piqued. I found a turn off just a 100 yards or so further up the road which I took to see what was there. Viola! It was an entire hidden park, complete with asphalt path & benches that seemed to go on forever. I parked, grabbed my camera gear & started hiking toward that bridge. Here's what I discovered.

394228544_W2DaU-L.jpg

394276432_AhsVt-L.jpg

394649807_K3HAd-L.jpg

394228244_RDUvW-L.jpg

394227804_8ogdZ-XL.jpg

Imagine if I hadn't stopped!!!

To really enjoy the journey you must take the time to stop, look around, & "smell the roses". Part of what makes riding so interesting and enjoyable for me is the unexpected. Backroads are a treasure trove of new and interesting sights, sounds, and yes smells. Rural America has something for everyone and you owe it to yourself to see and experience some of the natural beauty that our country has in great abundance. Great pictures like yours refresh our good memories when the weather is bad or if we are just having a bad day.
Ride Safe :usa

Garden of Eden

Beautiful; and nicely composed.

And now you have your own (sort of) secret park, Bob.:)

Rinty

To really enjoy the journey you must take the time to stop, look around, & "smell the roses". Part of what makes riding so interesting and enjoyable for me is the unexpected. Backroads are a treasure trove of new and interesting sights, sounds, and yes smells. Rural America has something for everyone and you owe it to yourself to see and experience some of the natural beauty that our country has in great abundance. Great pictures like yours refresh our good memories when the weather is bad or if we are just having a bad day.
Ride Safe :usa

You've elequently put into words what I've been preaching for years. We all need to get out of our routines and look for the beauty. I've got 3 hobbies: motorcycling, photography & computers. They all work so well together. It cost me just the price of gas to travel hundreds, or dozens of miles to find the beauty. Shoot, I took the photos below with a pocket digitalat my local BMW dealership waiting for the shop to open. How difficult was that?

379351126_tHf9d-L.jpg

379351081_Dvr7c-L.jpg

Garden of Eden

Is your job still going well, Bob? You sure re-located yourself in some nice riding country.

Rinty

Is your job still going well, Bob? You sure re-located yourself in some nice riding country.

Rinty

It's hard to believe I've been here & with Intel nearly two & a half years already. I plan to retire in another two and a half years from Intel. Their pay & benefits are so awesome that truly my ship has come in. I'm on vacation this week just riding aroud photographing the Fall folliage. It's the second vacation I've taken this year. The first was to the Chief Joseph BMW motorcycle rally in John Day, OR.

Back