• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k1200LT highway pegs

wellsvilleangus

Already have 6000 miles on my "new" 2001 K1200LT and I can't get enough. Been on two long trips of 1100 and 2000 miles and I really need an alternate place for my footsies. Heard of J pegs and some other alternative but have not been able to see them in person. The J pegs look ackward in the pictures I've seen and the price is absurd...any suggestions, comments, or insults???:clap

J-pegs

I've got them on my K1200LTC and like them very well. Functional, retractable and look great on a BMW. Price is high, but what isn't expensive on a beemer. I looked around a lot before my purchase and did not find anything that looked as good as the J-pegs. Others were cheaper but looked more harley like in design. Just my $.02

Never used the J-pegs, I bought the Bob BMW highway pegs. On the LT because of its shape, the wide tank and the tip over wings the highway pegs cause your legs to be splayed very far apart, which is not very comfortable especially without a backrest. I highly recommed sitting on a LT that has a pair installed before you buy. :dunno

Expensive as they are, in my opinion the Jpegs are worth the money. The bike is wide, as you know, and nothing is going to change that. They also look like they belong on the bike, instead of being some clutzy add on. You just have to use them one leg at a time. I use a combination of the Jpegs, Surburban peg lowering kit, and Airhawk (to get slight elevation without going to the high seat setting), and am comfortable enough to ride as long as you want to ride.

Cam, the Surburbans are a simple kit to move the foot pegs down and forward an inch or so. Sounds like a slight move, but makes a significant difference in knee comfort by helping to straighten out the joint. The Airhawk is an inflatable seat cushion, and I use it to help straighten out the hip joint some. I have a 30 inch inseam, and can't really afford to go to the high seat setting to do this. The combo of the two make a big difference for me.

LT Highway Pegs

A guy on one of the other forums I follow (www.K1200LT.net) is developing something he calls the "Highway Ottoman" for the LT.

This is a different concept than highway pegs, in that his gadget has padded, adjustable leg supports rather than foot pegs. From the pics I've seen, they look kind of awkward, but I've read some very positive comments from people on the site who've tested them.

If you're not impressed with the J-pegs, you might want to give the highway ottoman a try.

Mick-o-pegs is also developing something for the LT they swing down under the crash bars so they aren't as wide as J-pegs.

I purchased a 2000 K1200LT (my first BMW) with those highway pegs already on it. I found them to be very uncomfortable and they did not retract well and stay in place. I took them off.

Back