• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Workshops--the dgrin shootout.

I

ian408

How many of you have had the opportunity to attend a photography workshop or to devote several days to photography?

They're a great way to learn in the company of other photographers and to get quality time with a pro in your area.

Some of you know that I help admin www.dgrin.com. This last week was our "shootout" week. It's a time a number of our members get together with 3 pros and shoot in one location for several days.

Here's a mini-ride report with some pics. We're going to Acadia NP next year so if you want to go, look for the announcement. The cost is pretty reasonable.

We stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge in Moab, UT. It's along the CO River and a place I'd definitely take the bike to.

392796020_7CAPR-M.jpg

For those of you that want to shoot during the middle of the day, infrared is the way to go.

You need look no farther than the grounds of the resort...

388865786_Dr3Vy-M.jpg

Or maybe the road out to Moab...

390160864_fdV82-M.jpg

Of course, Arches National Park is a spectacular place to shoot. In place so grand, take the time to look at the minutia. This was carved in the rock at Delicate Arche.

390389628_sMrvx-M.jpg

Try and frame your subject with a unique or different view...

390629151_hGQd5-M.jpg

Try to see what's "between the lines" or perhaps not what everyone else sees.

390394347_8Qdzs-M.jpg

Don't forget that you're there to have fun as much as it is to shoot. We went 4 wheelin'.

391019676_URcSA-M.jpg

Of course, the landscape gives you boatloads to work with :D

393541810_VLQxD-M.jpg

Anyhow, that was a bit from my days in Moab at the dgrin shootout. I would encourage you to try a workshop if you're at all interested. There are tons out there to choose from and what you get out of them is simply amazing.

Great shots! The seminars offered through Dgrin look outstanding. Thanks for passing on the info.

Thanks Scott! Bluestune!

I almost forgot the obligatory BMW content :D

391000739_cCCKF-M.jpg

These guys were headed down UT 128 toward Moab. They're about 115mi away from their town. Perhaps a training ride? Dunno. But I'd like to go on 100+ mile rides for work too :D

I attended a couple of the Nikon schools many years ago. I remember it being well worth it and still use what I learned to this day. Seeing what others don't is a skill that is worth the time and effort to develop. :D

Back