• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Unlit Control Switches

Artiee

R1200RT
Since my commute frequently has me riding in the dark this time of year , I added photo-luminescent markings to my unlit control switches.

Unmarked

Unmarked.jpg

Marked

Markedhighlighted.jpg

Glow in the Dark

GlowintheDark.jpg

Cool!

Where did you get them?

How well do they show up with headlights, rain, etc?

I have wished the controls were liggt during my dark, wet commutes

Last edited:
Cool!

Where did you get them?

Well believe it or not, I found them on a website for handguns. They are a product called Nitesiters. They were intended for placing on the back of the handgun sights to improve night time aiming. They work justs as well on the unlit controls.

Cool!

How well do they show up with headlights, rain, etc?

I have wished the controls were liggt during my dark, wet commutes

With headlights close behind the markings are washed out, but then the headlights illuminate my controls for me. I've not ridden with them in the rain yet so I can't speak for that.

I prefer to operate the controls by feel, but just in case I pull a brain-lock, the markings are there to help quickly aquire visual.

EXCELLENT example of using this Forum for good and not evil!

Went to the NiteSiters site....ordered up the larger set (with both dots and strips) for $15.98 (Shipping was only an additional $2.98).

Both my son and I have complained to each other recently how switches on my R1200RT and his ST1300 are not properly identified in the dark. You read our minds.

Great suggestion - THANKS!

http://www.nitesiters.com/

Last edited:
dope slap

Neat! The new BMW's got a switch to whack your helmet with a stick!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 520
Well that's kinda cool. I was thinking, what's he using, Lightning Bug Glow Juice?
I wonder if the 1/8" dots might be too large, let me know.

Back