• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

97 R1100RT Windshield bracket bent

C

cwidmer

Any help welcomed !... bike fell against a wall and bent the left bracket on the windshield.... could anyone tell me how to access the bracket?.. got limited wrenching experience... am new to the forum and please forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere... thanks for any comments!!! CWidmer

The only way I know iof to gain complete access to the windshield assembly is to remove the bootom cowl, left and right side fairings, both mirrors, then the front fairing. That is a lot of hex head screws, a couple of phillips screws, and potentially a few bolts. It is not difficult, but can be both time consuming and a bit intimidating the first time you do it.

I use a power screwdriver and the 3 mm hex adapter I bought form cyclegadgets.com to make it quicker and easier. I also use a lot of zip lock bags labeld for each fairing part to hold the screws to make assembly easier.

If you have never done soemthing like this before, you may want to see if someone in the local area can help you out.

Back