• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spokane a wireless hot zone

Excellent!

How do you connect to free wireless? Do I need to add something like Stumbler to my laptop? Is the rally site within the 100 block area mentioned in the CNN article?

This is great news since I hope to send a few pix to firends and family while I'm on the road.

Re: Excellent!

zweirad said:
How do you connect to free wireless? Do I need to add something like Stumbler to my laptop? Is the rally site within the 100 block area mentioned in the CNN article?

This is great news since I hope to send a few pix to firends and family while I'm on the road.

Hey now,

To connnect with wireless you will either need a notebook with built in wireless or a card. If you are not yet working with wireless you may not want to bother just for this trip. The rally site is not in the hot zone but there will be some wireless connectivity near the cyber cafe.

The cyber cafe team has stepped up to help you with the issue of sending pitcures home. There will be a mult card reader located at the cyber cafe along with laptops that you can use to send out mail. If you use a USB cable you may want to bring your own cable and drivers as the I believe the OS will be Windows 2000.

HTH,

Best,

Thanks Rob!

I didn't realize that it would be so easy! My laptop has built-in wireless, so it sounds really easy for me to connect. I'm planning on using the computer to plot my way across the country.

If you need help in cyber cafe, I can lend a hand. I'm a Mac guy, but am now learning how to use Windows thanks to our GPS software being Windows only. When I get to Spokane, I'll check in to see where to volunteer.

Re: Thanks Rob!

zweirad said:
I didn't realize that it would be so easy! My laptop has built-in wireless, so it sounds really easy for me to connect. I'm planning on using the computer to plot my way across the country.

If you need help in cyber cafe, I can lend a hand. I'm a Mac guy, but am now learning how to use Windows thanks to our GPS software being Windows only. When I get to Spokane, I'll check in to see where to volunteer.

Please do. We need every person we can lay our hands on. We need about 11 people per day. (We are trying for enough coverage that no one is there on their own.)

We expect to have cheat sheets to help the Cyber Guides. Plus recording issues, so we can get or record canned solutions. Learning as we go.

Making it easier for the Guides.

Bring friends. Suggest it to others. Pass the word.

And thank Rob Nye for mentioning the issue of Burning CDs of pics. He had it happen at Pemi recently, and passed the info onto us. Then it was swinging into action, to implement it at the Spokane Cyber Cafe

Back