• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new K75S gear indicator switch issue

MCLEOD

I replaced the gear indicator switch on my 1987 K75S and I still get a neutral light and no gear display in the first 2 gears and a neutral off light in 3rd, and no display in 4th or 5th gear. Do I need to reset something in the instrument cluster ?
Glen

I did just what you did. Spent the money for the switch because some one suggested that water can get into them. That didn't fix it. I finally went into the cluster and cleaned and used antiseaze on all the connections I could find. That fixed every thing wrong with the cluster. In the IBMWR site you will find more information.

What I thought had happened to the switch was that the PO had let a battery freeze and acid ran down the back of the tranny. I autopsied the old switch and there is no way water is going to get into that switch. Harold

Back