• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

michelin mac 50e and 5 tires

B

byker

Has anyone tried the mac 50e front and 50 rear on a k100rs. If so, what type of mileage are you getting; handling in the rain and dry. Thanks for your replies.

I love 'em on my K75RTA. Too new to give a mileage forcast. I've got around 1500 miles on them.

I have been using them on my 96 K1100lt for the 90,000 miles. In general the front will last 15K and the rear around 10K. I have put on as many as 19K on the front and as little as 8.5K on the rear. I really like they way they handle. Good in wet and grooved pavement.

HTH

Colt03 said:
I have been using them on my 96 K1100lt for the 90,000 miles. In general the front will last 15K and the rear around 10K. I have put on as many as 19K on the front and as little as 8.5K on the rear. I really like they way they handle. Good in wet and grooved pavement.

HTH
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering how they would compare to the ME 33 laser on the front and the ME 88 marathon on the rear. This is what I have been using. Any comments?

dlearl said:
I love 'em on my K75RTA. Too new to give a mileage forcast. I've got around 1500 miles on them.
What combination of tires where you using before the macs and how did they respond. I have been using the ME 33 laser on the front and the ME88 marathon on the rear.

byker said:
What combination of tires where you using before the macs and how did they respond. I have been using the ME 33 laser on the front and the ME88 marathon on the rear.

The same as you. At the risk of inflamming the folks who swear by Metzelers, there is no comparision.
The Michelins turn in easier, feel infinitely more stable in wet and dry, and inspire a level of confidence in a corner that I never knew on the K through 3 sets of 33/88s.
IMHO, the only plus to the Metzelers is greater longevity. Personally, I'm not willing to put up with 10K of crappy handling just to get 2-3K extra miles out of a set of tires.

Back