• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Back From Shiloh

Onebeemer

:laugh

Just got back from Shiloh Rally yesterday after a 10 hour ride. It was well worth the ride. Good food and good people. This is a beautiful area of the country in case you have never been there. The food is great and the people in the area are very friendly and accomodating. There are plenty of good roads to ride in the area and plenty of sites to see. The Shiloh Battlefield was great and we went over to Corinth, Ms and and to Adamsville, TN and we visted the home and museum of Sheriff Bufford Pusser. He was the sheriff who inspired the movies Walking Tall. All and all it was a great time with lots of good people. We plan to Return to Shiloh next year.

ONEBEEMER

Beautiful campground there.

387055517_YByYG-L.jpg

Thanks to all for their hard work in making this rally a fun event; hope Y'all got home safely.
I'm looking forward to meeting y'all again soon.
Cheers,
:drink

Ian.

Last edited:
I similarly had a good time. We took the van so my wife and grandson (4 years in November) could go.

We saw the Living History group fire the cannons at Shiloh, climbed around the statutes and cannons, threw rocks in the river, and looked at bikes. We're still working with the grandson over the 'look with your eyes, and not with your fingers' when he's around other peoples' bikes.

We had a tent and it was obvious to him that we should be camping (and build a fire!). The wife preferred a hotel, and that pretty much settled that.

Noel

Tom 'Bullit' Butters, the new treaurer of MOA made an appearance and was introduced at the rally awards ceremony. Connie Reaves was also in attendence, I believe she will be one of the '09 MOA National Co-chairs.

Tom 'Bullit' Butters, the new treaurer of MOA made an appearance and was introduced at the rally awards ceremony. Connie Reaves was also in attendence, I believe she will be one of the '09 MOA National Co-chairs.
Yeah, I was there. My first time at Shiloh. This is one of the rallies that I could never attend UNTIL I retired. :thumb It was a good time, good food on Friday and nice weather. It was good to see old friends, JJ, Magilla, Randy, Charlie, Lyle, and to meet new people. Connie looks much better when not in costume and face paint.:laugh I'll probably be there again and again, so it will really be a "Return to Shiloh.":thumb

tb

Great time...

My wife Shirley and I attended Shiloh for the first time and plan on returning. Friendly folks, a great site, superb roads and the weather! Shirley claims that that weekend provided the best summer riding we had all year...perfect! Thanks to everyone involved, we had an excellent time. :thumb

Yes sir. I have enlisted her help. She gonna be da detail person :thumb

Camp? There? What about all those rebel ghosts? No thanks. Beautiful place, but it is sort of creepy.

Watch the film with some local southerners, they'll walk out of it pissed off. I'm from Ohio and find it somewhat amusing that they are still so hung up on what they call "the war of northern aggression".

Nice cemetery for the Union soldiers, but I think most of the Confederates were put in mass graves.

Total American casulties North and South 23,741 killed, wounded, and missising. Freedom does not come cheap.

Back