• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Drag Racing Bikes

El Dookey loves to ride.
Yup - my cub reporter duties once again took me to the US 131 Motorsports park on my trusty Rockster. 98 mile round trip - not bad for a Sat night after working....

I was there to interview Doug and Mary Stull. They both race drag bikes at 140 mph plus. They are great people - you should see how their eyes light up when they talk about racing. It is cool to meet a wife as geeked about motorsports as her husband.

Here is Mary's bike - 1428 cc Kaw.

Attachments

• marys bike 2.jpg
    marys bike 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 53
Here is a powerplant

to get one down the track and back.

This close up is of the 1428 cc Suzuki Dragon bike that Doug traded his nitro-burning funny bike to get. He is having electrical problems with this beast and was pretty close to tossing it in the dumpster on Saturday night. It gets off the line and dies... very embarassing when one is mounted on a fire breathing bad-ass scoot!

Attachments

• dragon bike powerplant.jpg
    dragon bike powerplant.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 52
Better view of the Dragon

Now can you see why they call it the Dragon?

Doug got tired of pouring money into the funny bike, but this one doesn't seem to be doing his blood pressure any better.
The Stull have been drag racing for six years - the big ass motors in their drag bikes used to be housed in a couple of quads that they raced in the sand!

Here is why Doug wanted to make the switch:
0-100 mph in 300 feet in the dirt.
0-100 mph in 1.2 seconds over only 60 feet on the drag strip.

That makes my eyeballs compress just thinking about it. The Stolls told me that you grip the bike lightly and let the back end of the seat hold you on the bike.

Attachments

• dragon right side.jpg
    dragon right side.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 49
When the dragon don't work

Doug hops back on his "flame" bike. Another Kawasaki that is 1327 cc's strong.

Attachments

• dougs flame bike 1.jpg
    dougs flame bike 1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 48
What good is a report without a cute dog?

This would be Otis (for those of you who can't read his tag).

It was cold at the track Saturday. Here it is three weeks into June and the temp dropped into the mid-40's that night. That is why you see Otis with his sweater on.

Golly - I like meeting fun people like the Stulls. So what if the story with pictures only pays $60!!!

Attachments

• otis stull on guard.jpg
    otis stull on guard.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 47
Back