Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What are these connectors for?

  1. #1
    eaganj346
    Guest

    What are these connectors for?

    This is the relay box on my K75T. I curious as to the intended function of the round white barrel connector and the clear plastic one on the end of the orange wire just below the screwdriver blade.

    I'm assuming that they have functions on other models, like the RT or the 'authority' versions.

    Can I use them for power sources for extra lights, gps, etc.?

    Thanks in advance.

    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by eaganj346 View Post
    This is the relay box on my K75T. I curious as to the intended function of the round white barrel connector and the clear plastic one on the end of the orange wire just below the screwdriver blade.

    I'm assuming that they have functions on other models, like the RT or the 'authority' versions.

    Can I use them for power sources for extra lights, gps, etc.?

    Thanks in advance.

    John
    The manual would say "auxiliary equipment"

    It's been 20 years, but I am pretty sure my genuine BMW accessory Bosch driving lights used those two connectors, and the two places to put extra relays and sockets too.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  3. #3
    Registered User burnszilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    2,395
    That connector is for the optional alarm system. I have an old K75 alarm that I took off my old bike and it plugs into that one and into another one.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill GA
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    That connector is for the optional alarm system. I have an old K75 alarm that I took off my old bike and it plugs into that one and into another one.
    DITTO

  5. #5
    Rally Rat PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    That connector is for the optional alarm system. I have an old K75 alarm that I took off my old bike and it plugs into that one and into another one.
    There are no Old K-75s just Classic K-75s.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rapid City South Dakota
    Posts
    243

    connectors

    It is a power sorce that is switched by the ignition switch and I used it to control my intercom/communication system. I dont think I would try to run lights with it. Harold

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hhshort View Post
    It is a power sorce that is switched by the ignition switch and I used it to control my intercom/communication system. I dont think I would try to run lights with it. Harold
    Except the light kit comes with relays (1 for each light) and the relay coil amperage is very low. Power to the lights is triggered and directed by the relay - battery to light.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  8. #8
    mrich12000
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    There are no Old K-75s just Classic K-75s.
    Well said..

    Security system is what it's for.

  9. #9
    eaganj346
    Guest

    What are these connectors for?

    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Except the light kit comes with relays (1 for each light) and the relay coil amperage is very low. Power to the lights is triggered and directed by the relay - battery to light.
    This is the wiring scheme for the Martin Fabrication lights that I have.
    I'm just looking for a power lead that is switched on with the key. The lights wont connect to this connector just the power to the relay.

    Thanks to all posters for the help. It really helps to eliminate some of the guess work.

    John Eagan
    Troy, MI
    1987-K75T

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •