• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are these connectors for?

E

eaganj346

This is the relay box on my K75T. I curious as to the intended function of the round white barrel connector and the clear plastic one on the end of the orange wire just below the screwdriver blade.

I'm assuming that they have functions on other models, like the RT or the 'authority' versions.

Can I use them for power sources for extra lights, gps, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

John

Attachments

• relay box.jpg
    relay box.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 157
This is the relay box on my K75T. I curious as to the intended function of the round white barrel connector and the clear plastic one on the end of the orange wire just below the screwdriver blade.

I'm assuming that they have functions on other models, like the RT or the 'authority' versions.

Can I use them for power sources for extra lights, gps, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

John

The manual would say "auxiliary equipment"

It's been 20 years, but I am pretty sure my genuine BMW accessory Bosch driving lights used those two connectors, and the two places to put extra relays and sockets too.

That connector is for the optional alarm system. I have an old K75 alarm that I took off my old bike and it plugs into that one and into another one.

That connector is for the optional alarm system. I have an old K75 alarm that I took off my old bike and it plugs into that one and into another one.

There are no Old K-75s just Classic K-75s.
mini-wink-glasses.gif

connectors

It is a power sorce that is switched by the ignition switch and I used it to control my intercom/communication system. I dont think I would try to run lights with it. Harold

It is a power sorce that is switched by the ignition switch and I used it to control my intercom/communication system. I dont think I would try to run lights with it. Harold

Except the light kit comes with relays (1 for each light) and the relay coil amperage is very low. Power to the lights is triggered and directed by the relay - battery to light.

Except the light kit comes with relays (1 for each light) and the relay coil amperage is very low. Power to the lights is triggered and directed by the relay - battery to light.

This is the wiring scheme for the Martin Fabrication lights that I have.
I'm just looking for a power lead that is switched on with the key. The lights wont connect to this connector just the power to the relay.

Thanks to all posters for the help. It really helps to eliminate some of the guess work.

John Eagan
Troy, MI
1987-K75T

Back