• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you drinking tonight?

The weather has turned on us here in the western suburbs. Snow and wind. This Mocha Porter is deep and dark with dark chocolate and smoke lurking. Chases away ol' man winter. Delightful.

What would you nibble on with a brew like this?

Maybe a coddled (OK quick microwave, like 13 seconds) Grand Marnier later? :thumb

It is warm here (46F) and sunny. Spring is just around the corner, so it's time for a Tanquary and Tonic. :groovy

Not today, but when we were in Hilo, HI the drink of choice was a Vog Cutter. Gin and Tonic and Lilikoʻi (Passion Fruit).

With the volcano continuing to send noxious gases into the air, it's the drink of choice.

Voni
sMiling

I wish I were drinking a Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA. I suggest pouring this into a glass and let breathe to really enjoy this liquid caviar. Best beer I've had to date! Gotta be careful though... each bottle is 9% alcohol. :buds

Attachments

• IPA.jpg
    IPA.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 45
The snow is falling very hard now. And yet as the cork is pulled from the bottle of Mead, the smell of newly turned earth, the fragrant perfume of the roses, the feel of grass between my toes, the bonfire's fireflies dancing to the stars and the laughter of friends on Midsummer Eve. Ahhhh Mead.

This is soooo sad. Not even a name brand, just a large chain cheap rip off of a crappy popular pop. I am not worthy of this fine thread. You all get back to you cheap Vodka and exotic brews, I gotta pop another drop here......

Attachments

• pop.jpg
    pop.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 64
Feb 5th and I am drinking diet Dr pepper, I guess I am just boring

Had my last wee dram of Highland Park, to toast the Flames win over Florida. The new guys from Toronto and New York, are looking good.

Had my last wee dram of Highland Park, to toast the Flames win over Florida. The new guys from Toronto and New York, are looking good.
Soon Rin you'll have to purchase some more Highland Park. Very soon.
JD

Nah, though the wine is cheap I cannot afford a whole gallon!
JD

Carlo Rossi makes an exquisite array of cheap wines. Gallons run for $10. We call it the Carlo Rossi Philosophy. In Pittsburgh, Doug and I would throw a gallon in the back pack and ride the city till dawn on the bmx bikes.

The Dogfish is great beer, but I an going "lighter" this weekend. A couple of Bue moon, "Full Moons" winter ale hit the spot. Along with some nice NY cheddar and triscuts, and I did not need supper.

Carlo Rossi makes an exquisite array of cheap wines. Gallons run for $10. We call it the Carlo Rossi Philosophy. In Pittsburgh, Doug and I would throw a gallon in the back pack and ride the city till dawn on the bmx bikes.
If you're a good rider...why not? The Carlo Rossi philosophy is not taught in college, it is out there in the streets!
JD
P.S. I am up early as I post here. It's still dark outside. I am drinking expensive Columbian coffee. Although I usually drink cheap beer and wine, I never buy cheap coffee. Cannot stand the stuff. Maybe I have my priorities backwards?!

I cannot spell this correctly I think we may need Bubba. I have had the delightful experience of knocking off a bottle or two of CR Paisano (sp?). Ah the impetuousness of youth.

There was that great Italian restaurant in Kansas City that put a jug of CR Paisano on each table along with crayons customers used to keep track of how many glasses they poured. $5 a glass at the restaurant or $10 a gallon at home!

One great cheap wine!

Voni
sMiling

Back