• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you drinking tonight?

Boom. One of my current faves.

Victory Headwaters Pale Ale in fridge so that's what's on tonight.
victoryheadwaterslabel-M.jpg

Release the hounds

Pretty much whatever is put in front of me this evening.
I'm a very good guest.

Hey, be smart. Be safe
See you next year

champagne

Looking forward to Midnight to have some good champagne.

Cheers to Health & Prosperity in 2014!

Attachments

• freixenet+.jpg
    freixenet+.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
Holiday Drinking and Driving

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you know, some of us have had brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Change the oil and send it on its way. It needs to find the next soul in need.

A local brew,...Christian Moerlein O.T.R...[Over the Rhine] Ale. A tribute brew to the local neighborhood of German settlement going back to the turn of the century. Then just past midnight a shot of Scotch in toast to to a friend that died last New Years Eve....@ that time.

....giggles on that'n tom

....the cab; not the single malt scotch stuff! I like the blended Canadian whisky's..."like a box of chocolates" ol'e Forest would say.

I'm enjoying from out in Oregon, a Hood River Distillers premium brand called PENDLETON.... that made the Salem Rally run smooth!

And it's helping the New Year filter in nicely... I use it as a decoy to Kentucky Burbon & Caribbean rum's!

Travel'n John

Mumm "Santana" sparkling wine...to start!

At home, so I won't be finding a taxi cab in our garage on the first day of 2014!

Happy New Years to all!:groovy

....the cab; not the single malt scotch stuff! I like the blended Canadian whisky's..."like a box of chocolates" ol'e Forest would say.

I'm enjoying from out in Oregon, a Hood River Distillers premium brand called PENDLETON.... that made the Salem Rally run smooth!

And it's helping the New Year filter in nicely... I use it as a decoy to Kentucky Burbon & Caribbean rum's!

Travel'n John

Happy New Year from the Great Pacific Northwet!

If'n ya like that Pendleton, you might like to try Forty Creek. :brow

Cheers!

My wife and I are sitting at home baby sitting our Grand Dog for the kids. We are having our first ever glass of Pink Champagne while waiting for the New Year.
I hope everyone has the best year ever !

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me some Heady Topper from the Alchemist. Happy New Year indeed!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have a friend give me some Heddy Topper from the Alchemist. Happy New Year indeed!

You hophead, you.
Noyce! :rocker

Some Oso Hopdinger for reward after another round of shoveling.
HD_landscape-L.jpg

Last edited:
going to the grill to do a couple of filet cuts and bringing 3 fingers of Knob Creek over 4 ice cubes--- great grilling weather in S. FLA

Ho, a song by the fire;
Pass the pipes, pass the bowl.
Ho, a song by the fire
With a skoal, with a skoal.
Ho, a song by the fire;
Pass the pipes with a skoal,
For the wolf-wind is wailing at the doorways,
And the snow drifts deep along the road,
And the ice gnomes are marching from their Norways,
And the great white cold walks abroad.

But, here by the fire, we defy frost and storm;
Ha, ha we are warm, and we have our heart's desire.
For here, we're good fellows, and the beechwood and the bellows;
And the cup is at the lip in the pledge of fellowship.
Oh, here by the fire, we defy frost and storm;
Ha, ha, we are warm, and we have our heart's desire.
For here we're good fellows, and the beechwood and the bellows.
And the cup is at the lip in the pledge of fellowship,
Of fellowship

Back