• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you drinking tonight?

Friday will be a Captain and Coke night. :drink

CaptainMorgan.jpg

Did you know diet soft drinks weaken the synapses in our brains and make you forget things? Did you know that drinking alchohol kills brain cells........what was I talking about?????

Just a V8 juice for me last night. I was on ambulance call. I will make up for it soon.....

Still got some of that 15 Year old Macallen left.

:whistle

You post on tea suddenly makes me want a nice mug of tea - though this time of year (cool nights and mornings) is perfect for some lapsang souchong. I need a campfire about now...

Soon it will it be time on the east coast for Hot Toddys and warm spiced rum mmmmm
in front of the fireplace after a nice brisk days ride.

RM

After a quick 3 hour ride that was a little chilly. . . . I wanted something with some "ummph", that would warm me and fill me up a little.
Rogue Imperial Stout
This is a new Rogue for me and is not for the faint of heart. woot!

It was a windy ride this afternoon, with a combo of strong horizontal sun, knock em sock em gusts of wind...

I came back to a hot cup of Chai Tea no sugar no cream crap, just the little bag, big mug, and me!

Attachments

• img042.jpg
    img042.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 159
As I'm still in "recovery mode" for the next week (and still have medical equipment installed), I'll have to stick with a healthier choice:

oceanspray-cranberry.edit.jpg

Next Friday night or Saturday will be back to the usual, I hope...

Healthier, JD?! All that corn sweetener? :stick :D
Josh, eat your vegetables!!!!
And you, Dale. Chai Tea?
OK, cool you two. Whatever floats your boat.

Healthier, JD?! All that corn sweetener? :stick :D
Josh, eat your vegetables!!!!
And you, Dale. Chai Tea?

:laugh

It seems OcenSpray has avoided the corn lobby and uses grape juice as the sweetener. No added sugar or HFCS. Until my stent is removed, alcohol is not suggested. :doh

In the meantime, I have a multitude of healthy food in the house. Fast food has lost it's luster for me after the hospital stay. for some reason. Not a bad thing.

Three ice cubes.
Three olives.
One and a half inches of Cuervo.

:laugh

It seems OcenSpray has avoided the corn lobby and uses grape juice as the sweetener. No added sugar or HFCS. Until my stent is removed, alcohol is not suggested. :doh

In the meantime, I have a multitude of healthy food in the house. Fast food has lost it's luster for me after the hospital stay. for some reason. Not a bad thing.

Ah, then you aren't imbibing in the true Cranberry Juice Cocktail.
Sorry for you, JD, stones can be very painful, so I understand.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled "program". :drink Wicked good, this, btw.

And you, Dale. Chai Tea?

Ah don't miss the power of Zen!

Another cup chai for me please!

The symphony of the evening begins.....

Unthaw three big packs of Onterio Walleye, get the oil hot and the batter ready
slurp a little tea
cut up those Lemons....
mercy, mercy me!

Unthaw three big packs of Onterio Walleye, get the oil hot and the batter ready

Unthaw? OK, doesn't matter. Beer batter, perhaps? The first time I liked fish was when I visited my Mom's aunt's place up in Kenora back before electric light. The walleye was fresh caught and her aunt made the beer batter.
Mmmmmmm, that was good!

Took this a while back when the same question was posed on ADVrider.

misc020.jpg

misc021.jpg

The tray is a 1950's formed plywood Haskelite made in Chicago.

The glass is a Yamaha cotporate dealer gift, nice and heavy with a 1976 TT50o etched into it. (amazing detail)

The drink? Well, I just pulled it out of the freezer. It's icy and warm at the same time. Guess.

Last edited:
Nice tray and glass . . .
I think I like what is in the Ball jar best, although I can only guess as to what it is.

Unthaw? OK, doesn't matter. Beer batter, perhaps? The first time I liked fish was when I visited my Mom's aunt's place up in Kenora back before electric light. The walleye was fresh caught and her aunt made the beer batter.
Mmmmmmm, that was good!

Yes the beer batter is here, and the Walleye was caught personally by a hand

and a jig.

Now we deep fry it cajun style a month later for friends and family...

You come to my house sometime, you like fish again fur sure!

Cooks on Duty now, later! Have another one for me!

SCQTT: A frozen flavored stoli? Or some home brew from the hills of someplace?

Red: Nothing like a fresh caught rainbow trout out of the cool waters of Idaho, pan fried on an open fire...for breakfast!
You'd drool over the venison roast slowly cooked all day in beer on an open fire with freshly picked morels tossed in at the last minute.....god, that was good!

Yes the beer batter is here, and the Walleye was caught personally by a hand

and a jig.

Now we deep fry it cajun style a month later for friends and family...

You come to my house sometime, you like fish again fur sure!

Cooks on Duty now, later! Have another one for me!

Wow, sounds great! :eat
I dunno, two 750 ml bottles of this stuff would do me for sure. (11% by volume, not bad for an American beer!)
I'll take a breather here shortly and then maybe some . . . coffee with Grand Ma?
396964896_enWei-O.jpg

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

Last edited:
Back