• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member looking for advice.

moshaffer

I am a new member and have a couple of questions I am sure some of you have the answers for. 1. When will the vendors list be out for the 09 rally? 2. Any good custom seat builders on the East Coast? I want to replace the brick of a seat on my 08 R12RT. My bike is in Maggie Valley NC so some state close by would be nice.
Also I am leary of mail ordering a seat.
Many thanks,
Mo

Vendors list won't be out until maybe June at the earliest. Depends on who wants to go. As far as the saddlemakers, I've had great experience with Russell. Other folks can chime in anytime.

BTW, welcome to the fold!

I am a new member and have a couple of questions I am sure some of you have the answers for. 1. When will the vendors list be out for the 09 rally? 2. Any good custom seat builders on the East Coast? I want to replace the brick of a seat on my 08 R12RT. My bike is in Maggie Valley NC so some state close by would be nice.
Also I am leary of mail ordering a seat.
Many thanks,
Mo

The vendor list won't be out until very close to the rally (a few months). If you wait for it and there aren't any seat vendors, then you won't have a new seat in 2009 since it will be the middle of the summer and they will be backed up and you'll want to ride your bike. On the other hand, if you send in your seat this fall/winter you will get it back quicker and can have time to have them rework it, if necessary during the off-season.

Remember that the vast majority of the seats Russel, Bill (Rocky) Mayer, and Rick Mayer (and others) sell are made to order - but by mail order. They are pretty good at getting it right the first time from the information they ask you for.

Hi

I have a 07 R1200RT and bought my Russell Seat through the mail. I had a couple of unusual requests and they did them perfectly the first time. Highly recommend. Farkling the bike is one of the best parts of getting a new ride.

moshaffer

Many thanks to you who have replied to my enquiries about the bike seat and vendor info. I appreciate it.
Mo

if your a waif super model! :laugh Those of us a bit bigger like the russell/BMS/RMS seats.

At 6' 1" and 240#, my 'super modeling' days were over long ago.

Order a Sargent World Sport seat for your R1200RT from northern Florida (no need to sacrifice your original seat pans) and return it if you don't like it.

But for me, what an incredible improvement over those poor excuses for seats my R1200RT came with.

All day comfort - Iron Butt quality!

Back