• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005 Nationals location best guess

DARKCLOUD

Follows a pattern of two rally's in the east and one out west.

First guess, northeast, possibly Maine.

Second guess, east of the Smokies.

JON

i wish they'd have it in fredericksburg again...

my guess is asheville.

I'm going with somewhere in the central states, more likely southern than northern.

KBasa said:
I'm going with somewhere in the central states, more likely southern than northern.

Dallas/Forth Worth? In July?

MarkF

P.S. July is always a bad month for me.

Not likely in these states:
Texas;
Michigan;
New York;
Connecticut;
North Carolina;
Montana;
Ontario;
West Virginia;
or any place the rally has been in the last ten years.

Maybe Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, or ...
:bliss

Re: Best Guess

Dark Cloud said:
Blackhills South Dakota could be an option. JON

Not for me, I still won't go to South Dakota.

Me, I am hoping for Minnesota or the Upper Penisula of Michigan. Places I haven't been yet but look great!

Dark Cloud said:
Follows a pattern of two rally's in the east and one out west.

First guess, northeast, possibly Maine.

Second guess, east of the Smokies.

beans-babylimafresh.jpg

Tennesee or maybe VA. I just can't really see a national in Kansas. That woiuld be like having one in Northern IN.

MarkF said:
Dallas/Forth Worth? In July?

MarkF

P.S. July is always a bad month for me.

I hope not! Some place that does not require air conditioning during the rally would be nice. This eliminates DFW from April through October.

A CLUE

The Rally Chairs are a really incredibly cool couple.

Hee hee hee

Okay -- Sue & Brian Manke are the Chairpeople.

Be thinking Beemerville - USA.
(And NOT the one in New Jersey!)

NJ_Bob said:
I hope not! Some place that does not require air conditioning during the rally would be nice. This eliminates DFW from April through October.

Amen to that ! I live in Dallas and trust me, you don't want to be at a rally in Dallas probably ever.
Besides the heat, there's just too much darn traffic. I have more trouble riding to bike night here than I will riding to Spokane.

Hill Country - Yes! Big Bend - Yes !
Dallas, No Way Jose!

New England in July sounds a whole lot better if you ask me.

Re: A CLUE

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Be thinking Beemerville - USA.
(And NOT the one in New Jersey!)

Hmm, where do they make BMW's in the US?
......Well, ... Spartanburg, SC is a big auto manufacturing facility for them....could it be a Rally return to the SouthEast?

Hey, the '74 National at Table Rock.SC was a good one! It was my first rally,it was in the woods, and I had a great time. Got me coming back for a lot more Nationals.

If the Rally is in the mountains surrounding Spartanburg and Greenville, I think we could have a great time. Nice roads and it is not so hot in the mountians. Would work for me.....:D

Back