• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Reduced Inhibition = Harley Trip

Well, I'll be off this Thursday. 233 miles for the first leg, and then down to New River Gorge via Spruce Knob, WV the second day to see some sites and watch the wackos bunjee jump.

I got prepared for the trip w/ a new Kurykan roll bag that mounts on the bars and some other ATGATT goodies. I outfitted the bike and did a test run yesterday to see how I would handle this new breed of "touring". Let's just say that ear plugs will be indispensable..........

Well, I'll be off this Thursday. 233 miles for the first leg, and then down to New River Gorge via Spruce Knob, WV the second day to see some sites and watch the wackos bunjee jump.

I got prepared for the trip w/ a new Kurykan roll bag that mounts on the bars and some other ATGATT goodies. I outfitted the bike and did a test run yesterday to see how I would handle this new breed of "touring". Let's just say that ear plugs will be indispensable..........

We'll need to see some pictures when you get back. I'd say the Harley will do just fine. I took my Dyna Glide Sport to Colorado and back a few years ago. Rode Rt 50 from WV all the way. Ended up being 5,000 miles in ten days. With the saddle bags and rear rack, I had enough room for everything including camping gear. I didn't pack the Kermit chair though.
The bike ran perfectly, well maybe down a little on power over 8,000'. No oil usage and the belt never needed attention. I did go to a dealer for a new front tire where I got the special, "bend over price". But it did include a wash, which it was needing. :D

ColoradoAugust2006078.jpg

Well, I made it home. Sorry, no photographic documentation but suffice it to say this was an interesting adventure. The Deuce ran well, as the tour went through Morgantown, WV, Wheeling WV, then to Canton, OH for a stop at the pro football Hall of Fame. We hit Pittsburg Friday Night and headed home on Saturday. For the most part, we were able to dodge the torrential downpours, making the trip up as we went along, but we did get some rain on the way home through PA. Rain ain't much fun with no windshield. I got home with a sore backside and a very dirty harley, but otherwise no worse for wear.

Although I generally use mine as my "commuter" it's not too bad on "longer" trips. Getting off of it after 200 miles is a nice break, but that's actually a nice break on all of the bikes!! Like the others, you just fill up the tank and get back on!!!

Great picture. Where is it?

I don't think wind blast will be a problem, afterall. it's spend most of it's time in a trailer like most of the other Harley's !! Honestly, go,enjoy the ride, relax. It will be a great trip!! Just don't let them talk you into a fringe vest or studded dew rag!! Via con Dios, Dutch

I recognize the location of BMWBagby's shot as Balanced Rock in the Garden of the Gods just west of Colorado Springs, Colorado. I have family that lives about two miles from the park - spend time there every visit!

Back