• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 450 retailer alert(with happy ending)

Jeff488

Aspiring Profligate
I have been trying to find a 450 for the lowest price, so that's where I started. Should have saved the time and effort dealing with the two retailers listed below:

If you order a Zumo 450 from Techon Digital online, they will send you an email asking you to call them to confirm the order. When you call them, they will tell you that the unit has old maps and try to sell an upgraded map version. If you decline and ask for the unit with the ÔÇÖ06 maps they will say ÔÇ£OKÔÇØ You will then get another email saying the units are out of stock, back ordered with an expected arrival date of 4 to 6 weeks and your order is canceled.

If you call in the order from the start, they will try to sell you a memory card. If you decline, and tell the sales person that the unit comes with internal memory for the map, they will then check to see if itÔÇÖs in stock. It is not, and is expected in about 4 weeks.

I believe this is just a scam, and their on line price of $299 is just a ruse to get you in contact with their sales people. If you donÔÇÖt buy extras, they are out of stock.

If you try to order from Prestige Camera, They also want you to phone them. When you call, they will try to sell the map upgrade for $74.95. I told them I could get it on ebay for about $50; they offered it for $49.95. I declined. Then they asked if I wanted the U.S. or foreign version. He said I ordered the one with the Chinese maps. I told him that their web site says it comes with North America and I thought this was a scam. His reply was that he doesnÔÇÖt take complaints and for that I have to do it on line. End of phone call.

That's what happened to me, your experience may differ, but I doubt it.

I then called Red Tag Savings. They had it in stock with free shipping for $385.
No problem no tricks. Done deal.:D

Lesson learned, I think

Back