• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R 27 Rims

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
Quite a while ago, I was looking into replacing the rims on my R27 (could never understand how rims can get gouged from changing tires) and someone said that they were originally manufactured by a Swiss company that no longer exists - I forget the name.

Are there any sources for original rims for this model. I have the aluminium rims with shoulders and 36 spokes.

Any help appreciated.

Single Wheels

Alex,

I found that when I restored my 59 R26 that there were definitely a lot of NOS parts out there. Every Dealer used to stock single parts but they were never really a big seller. Almost every part I used on my resto was NOS.

The last time I was at Bob's BMW I know that he had a pair of NOS single wheels. They certainly won't be cheap, but NOS is NOS.

I am sure that someone in Germany is repopping something that you can use, though most likely they will be chrome steel wheels (which I have also seen stock, though not as popular as the Alloys.).

Good Luck, Phactory Phil

Back