• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-Ohio Race

Bmwgs94

It has been awhile since I have been on here but there is a great event I am sure people might want to know about. Every year a place caleed Mid-Ohio has some really great bike races held. This first week of racing is the ARMHA Vintage Days and it will be held July the 16,17 and the 18 of this coming up month. It is a great time and it reminds me of a mini Daytona . They feature a different bike each year and this years bike is what else the Bmw . The have all kinds of racing going on there and it is in one area. It is located near Mansfield Ohio and Lexington Ohio. I have went the past 4 years and it gets better all the time. You can pitch a tent bring your pop up camper what ever means you can find to sleep. It is how ever right around the time Spokane is happening. It is the following week. Well if you want more ditails I will try and help any one out as best as I can. Keep on riding !!

Kevin Frantz
R100GS
Pierceton,In.

Mid-Ohio

Kevin,

My son, son-in-law and I will be riding over from Terre Haute to visit the AMA museum and catch part of the race on Vintage Days. If you are interested, check my post on Great Roads. We will be trying out some of the roads in the southeast quadrant of Ohio. I heard some are a challenge.

Hey Doc, if you get motion sickenss, better bring your meds if riding in southeast OH. It is like a giant roller coaster that you get to control the speeds on. Oh yeah, and the gravel and deer make things even more interesting. It is a wonderful place to ride a motorcycle.

lorazepam said:
Hey Doc, if you get motion sickenss, better bring your meds if riding in southeast OH. It is like a giant roller coaster that you get to control the speeds on. Oh yeah, and the gravel and deer make things even more interesting. It is a wonderful place to ride a motorcycle.

No problem with motion sickness, I guess. Just rode the back seat in a converted P-51D at an airshow in Roseburg, OR. The pilot was a WWII ace who has owned the plane for 30 years. Did fly-bys and then it was off to the boonies for rolls, hammerheads, etc! It was awesome:eek

Back to the thread, we've ridden most of the good big roads and now it's time to explore Ohio!

Mid-Ohio

Hey doc,
Well maybe we might try and catch up with you at Mid-Ohio. My buddy is suppose to be racing the road course there and I have been waiting to go back to the track.:clap If possible stop by the pit area and say hello. He races a Royal Enfield for D.R.S.Cycle out of Goshen,In. and if you don't get to the pit area just look for me on my red Bmw GS . I love it there and I also look forward to eating at the Roadhouse steak barn. Don't know if that is the right name or not but they have excellent food there.

Kevin Frantz
R100GS
Warsaw,In.

Back