Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1987 a Good Year for a K75S?

Made an offer

Offered $2600 based on what I think it is worth and after the speedo quitting on my demo ride and that I'll have to completely go through the bike. If he counters a little higher, I'll probably do it.

Rally Rat
    I would not offer more than $2,800. These bikes are great for sure, but you may want to do the spline lube immediately as well as a complete fluids, oil and filter change.
    I will be sending you a PM with aditional advice and resourses.

Gil

Did the Deal

The seller and I spoke this morning and reached an agreement - I went up a little in price and he's throwing in a new cover, Hayes shop book, spare starter and alternator. I really like the color, condition, the BMW cases and that it rides nice, although I need to go thru it and change all fluids and lube splines - (will take off rear wheel before completing deal to make sure things look okay) and shape and my gut feeling is I'll get a lot of enjoyment for longer rides. Thanks for the great fellowship you all have demonstrated!

Ken

p.s. if anyone would tell me the best way to R/R rear wheel, would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2-up and havin' fun sugarhillctd's Avatar
    Ken,

NICE looking K75!!

Last year I was new to K bikes. Yeah they have a couple of quirks- I had a couple to work through on our "new" '93 K1100RS. But after those it has been truly bullet-proof. We get on the K with the same travel expectations as Cathy's 2008 Subaru Outback wagon.

Good riding on that great looking bike.

John
    John & Cathy
    '92 K100RS4v 2009 R1200RT
    SS1000, BBG, 50CC- NYC to SF

NICE S! Wish mine looked as good. Keep an eye on the mounting points for that
    parabellum windshield-I had one break off at 70mph in crosswinds. Here is a good
    link for pulling the wheel for a spline job http://www.largiader.com/removal/