• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

$12,000 speeding ticket

crime?

Simply said, at one time or another, we ALL speed. Fortunately, it's only a crime if you're unlucky, or unskillful enough, to get caught....
J.K. :wow

2 things.
1) yes we all speed. But I limit myself to only 5 mph over the posted limit. I don't like doing 10 over, makes me nervous.
2) incorrect about it's only a crime if your caught. It's still a crime. You weren't caught. But still a crime.
max

Hi Paul -

My R-12s can hit 160 mph+ in a tuck.

Since the BMW gods deliberately engineered all that heavenly performance capacity and capability, who can rightfully blame me for for wanting to explore and experience the provided potential?...

John

Sorry, John, but I'll blame you for exploring and experiencing 160 mph on a public road. Reckless disregard for the safety of others.

Hmmmm

ÔÇ£But not every wrong, or even every violation of the law, is a crime."

US Attorney General Mukasey

Why does it have to be a V.P. candidates daughter? What if it was your daughter? Would the same joke still apply?

The VP thing was breaking news. It was a handy example. Are you politically sensitive?
Also, it wasn't exactly a joke, just that I found the logic preposterous. If it was my
daughter, well, like I said, reality happens.

Sorry, John, but I'll blame you for exploring and experiencing 160 mph on a public road. Reckless disregard for the safety of others.

Hi Dan -

Criticism noted.

In the final analysis, it gets down to judgement, training, skill, conditions, equipment, and ultimately risk verses rewards.

Having tooled down that long lonesome highway between Las Vegas and Tucomcari NM, where you're lucky to see a total of 10 cars in a hundred miles (both ways) and you're line of vision can extend to 8 miles, I have sought and seek to differ.

Next to births and deaths, and moments of passionate intimacy with a loved one, nothing has bonded my soul with my ride through life as that experience of shear harmony, bliss, well being, and contentment.

Simply put, it's one of those pleasures to treasure when eventually your life begins to flash before one's eyes.

IMHO

J.K. :wow

P.S Sustained for what seemed like an eternity (10 mins), and not just a sprint.

"...the sun so high, the clouds so low, as eagles fill the sky..."

Back