• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bag for ThermaRest Pad?

REI carries a waterproof stuff sack that is just the perfect size for the regular ThermaRest Pad. - its about 34"x11". Don't know for sure if the thicker luxury series pad will fit.

Our thermarest had a bag it lived in. We stuffed ours into a big canoe bag, reasoning that one big bag containing all our stuff was less likely to work loose and fall off.

I have both a narrow bag I use for backpacking and the large Helen2Wheels waterproof bag I use for motorcycling. The H2W bag you put the Thermarest inside then uncoil it. It leaves enough room to stuff a sleeping bag and pillow in the center. I can even fit my new little cot in there, too!

I'm considering one of those hug packs that fit over top of the rear seat and saddlebags for all my camping gear. Riderwarehouse has several sizes.

MarkF

My Thermarest came with it's own bag and had a repair kit stiched into the top. H2W bags are the way to go. I've been looking for a small cot myself. These bones are starting to hurt in the morning after a night on the ground.

Back