• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to pack/bring?

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
I figure if I had this question, other people probably do as well. I have gotten lots of advice off forum, but figure we should put the information together into one place besides the camping section of the site. While that is really good, it does not cover rally specific camping which is probably pretty much the same, but never hurts to ask...

So here are the items I figure I need to get still...
  • Sun hat
  • dog tags for id
  • camping chair
  • waterproof bag
  • cooler/ice holder

Things that I already have/planning on taking...
  • sleeping bag
  • sleeping pad
  • sun screen
  • insect repellant
  • sleeping pad
  • flashlight/headlight
  • ear plugs
  • tylenol

of course there are the other non-critical but just as important things like...
  • cigars
  • bottle opener
  • martini fixings
  • location indicator
  • humor

So what else is there to bring?

If you are really pressed for space, a side case will work as a cooler of sorts. I used one more than once after setting up camp. I now have a collapsable cooler.

If you arent into the whole kermit chair experience, you can get a collapsable chair at walgreens for around 6 bucks.

Check out my bag when we meet at Versailles, it is a good deal I think.

A hat is a personal choice, but I have always wanted a blue pith helmet with a lightning bolt on the front.

Oh jeez, lesseee.....

Book to read in the tent. Walkman and CDs, with headphones (or MP3 player for the fully digital)

Maps. They're fun to study in the tent or at a picnic table.

Drinking vessels for hot and cold beverages.

Flask of bourbon.

Cigar cutter and lighter.

First aid kit.

Tungsten E and Franklin Covey planner.

Shower thongs (for your feet, smartass!)

pack towel (smaller than a regular towel by a factor of about 4)

digital camera, charger, extra CF cards, spare battery

Toothpicks for martinis

small bottle of vermouth

road books, i.e. National Park guides

Pillow. Don't forget one of these.

Hmmm since I don't bother putting any garnish on my Martinis, I can skip the toothpicks.

Last edited:
Back