• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Celebrate the 4th on the Track at Grattan (wanna join me?)

El Dookey loves to ride.
Counting down to celebrating July fourth in the best way I can think of - learning how to ride the track at Grattan with the Sportbike Track Time people.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/

I am no where near the organizer that Lorazepam and the gang of four, but it would be cool iffen there were any other Beemer riders who wanted to celebrate the birth of our great nation on a race track!

I am pumped up. Got my copy of Twist of The Wrist 2 and have started implementing some of the techniques on my daily commute.

http://www.grattanraceway.com/

"The picturesque road course is 2 miles long with several unique and challenging corners. It is considered to be one of the finest courses in America. Some of its features include a 3,200 foot straightaway, a 160 degree hairpin turn and a downhill reverse camber turn. If you can master Grattan, you can race anywhere."

I can't wait to learn how to negotitate the "downhill reverse camber turn." Anyone else wanna try it??

Let me see if I can swing it Cliffy. I think I have the 5th off, and I think I can ride up on Sat, ride Sun and go home Mon. STT is a great experience, and I would love to get on the track again.

Whoaa

Dude, that would be suh-weet. Then you would be a certified expert as to the two tracks Michigan has to offer. You could also make a call as to which one (Gingerman or Grattan) is the better of the two.
(Don't know if there is another on the East side of the state, but I have not heard of any over there....)

Back