Thread: LA Riders...Need storage help

LA Riders...Need storage help

My son and his wife live in Santa Monica. I'm riding my motorcycle out there from Massachusetts in October and want to leave it there for long weekend jaunts when I visit. I need a storage facility nearby. Willing to pay reasonable rates.

2004 Honda VFR

Any suggestions?

rvb100@comcast.net if you want to PM me.
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

You know, I said Santa Monica, but I would think I'd want it closer to an airport (Burbank) or other that Southwest services. Then I could simply get off the plane and retrieve the bike and ride ouit to Santa Monica.........

Better idea? Yes?
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,

bobh41
    Are you afraid if you leave it with your son you'll have to sign up for a visa to retrieve it from BAJA?

If you can believe it, my son lives in sunny California and has no interest in riding!

My other children and son-in-law ride, but this fellow would rather mountain climb and do Triathlons! Whatever..........

But he has no room to store a bike. I told him to hurry up and buy a house with a big garage and an extra room..................
    RoyB....

Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
    If you can believe it, my son lives in sunny California and has no interest in riding!
    Riding in the LA area? I've driven (cages only) in LA plenty of times, and I'm not sure I'd want to be on a bike there. So, it may be self preservation not to ride there. However, I'm sure there will be plenty of riders chiming in saying it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Walnut Creek............My son's new bride comes from there. We had their wedding at the fancy smancy country club in WC this past April. Beautiful area to live!

I ride a motorcycle because I love adventure..........Riding in LA traffic will be a real adventure, but nothing like riding in Boston.........
    RoyB....

Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwJeff View Post
    Riding in the LA area? I've driven (cages only) in LA plenty of times, and I'm not sure I'd want to be on a bike there. So, it may be self preservation not to ride there. However, I'm sure there will be plenty of riders chiming in saying it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be.
    I am a native Angelino and lived there for 33 years. I am back regularly to visit the fam. While the traffic on the freeways is terrible (and lane splitting is de riguer), there is a lot of really excellent riding in the general area.

For example, if you look at the Santa Monica mountains area, there are a ton of twisty little roads that wander around up there, mostly off of Mulholland Hwy., and generally have very little traffic. Similarly, there are some really great roads in the San Gabriel mountains. For most people in the area, these places are within an hour's drive, and when I lived there, they were either within 15 minutes of my house, or actually on my commute.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Global Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
    You know, I said Santa Monica, but I would think I'd want it closer to an airport (Burbank) or other that Southwest services. Then I could simply get off the plane and retrieve the bike and ride ouit to Santa Monica.........

Better idea? Yes?
    If nobody volunteers a private garage or similar storage, many dealers will store a bike for you. BMW & most other brand corp websites list dealer locations, which you can map for airport convenience; then, call & ask.
    BTW...as another native Angelino, LA is just as or more fun to ride than Bton, NYC, CHC, jadda jadda