• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

gps dash mount

kmEatr

anybody ever made a dash board for mounting gps, radar, ect. that uses the 4 fairing bolts (2 side, 2 front) that are above the gauges and below the fairing as mounting points ?????

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 621
You mean like this:
rcuasr1100rt02.jpeg

RCU Designs.
Make sure you're sitting down when you ask the price!

thanks for the info. does a gps-v fit under the windshield with the antena up ? might try making my own.....

KMETR said:
thanks for the info. does a gps-v fit under the windshield with the antena up ? might try making my own.....

I use a GPS V on the RCU shelf. The Garmin oval-shaped mount is affixed as far back as it will go (closest to the rider) and centered. In that position, you can point the antenna in a horizontal position. The windshield needs to be just a few degrees up from the full back position.

Good luck with it.

I use the external antenna for better resolution, so I do not have the problem. You can also get a low profile antenna.

in the end for a quick solution i made my own mount. went to the local street sign repair guys and asked for a scrap piece of aluminum. got out my hack saw, my drill, and a file. make a template out of a piece of cardboard, traced it on the metal, cut it, drilled it, put black vinyl tape over it, used 1/2 inch strapping to cradle it........and viola.......a mount in about 2 hours and a cost of under $5.00 canadian and fits under the windscreen :clap

after the rally i'll take it off and make a nicer one, one that looks more like it was bought, a little cleaner lines.

Attachments

• gps mount 003.jpg
    gps mount 003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 509
KMETR said:
in about 2 hours and a cost of under $5.00 canadian and fits under the windscreen

Nice job. Looks just like my RCU mounting & about 50 bucks cheaper. I gotta start using my head first, wallet second.

Ride safe.

KBasa said:
Love that odometer reading KMETR. Yeah, I know it's Km, but still....

:D

Yea, 85,481 miles is a nice big number.

these are real numbers and calculations... no IBMWR fun

Hey, that BMR mount, can the stuff be on the shelf when the windscreen is down ????? All the photo's show the screen in the up position. Unless it is raining I usually ride with the screen down.....95% of the time.

KMETR,

The windshield goes all the way down for sure. The only catch is if you are using a stubby GPS antenna, the antenna has to be in the horizontal position and not vertical. Don't have a GPS yet so I can't say if that's a drawback. BMR doesn't seem to think so.

Randy

RT RANDY said:
KMETR,

. . . The only catch is if you are using a stubby GPS antenna, the antenna has to be in the horizontal position and not vertical. Don't have a GPS yet so I can't say if that's a drawback. BMR doesn't seem to think so.

Randy

Randy:

Horizontal works just as well--not a problem.

Back