• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I am speechless....

MOONDOG59

World's biggest bike?

Has anyone seen this on the road yet?

The Gunbus 410 cubic inch V-Twin motorcycle is complete. The monster engine placed in a motorcycle frame of comparable size looked impossible and many who saw the photos were skeptical of the bike ever being finished but I guess, Clemens F. Leonhardt is one of those persistent guys who ignores the naysayers and keeps at his work.

The fuel injected, 45 degree 6728 cc / 410 cubic inch V-Twin runs through a 3 speed transmission with reverse and actually looks pretty good in its finished state compared to the initial photos, in fact, everything looks good. It puts out 523 foot pounds of torque. Seat height is 31.5 inches and overall length is 136 inches. It is a little heavy at 1433 pounds (JB: My HD Roadking is 750 lbs) so high speed corner carving might be an issue and there aren't any photos of the big bike on the road so I guess we'll have to wait for the road test, that is if someone can actually road test this monster.
This is actually going to go into limited series production and a sidecar will be available as well which might help with balance when waiting at a light. I don't even want to think about a driveway tipover.

http://www.leonhardtweb.de/en/gunbus/design.htm

bigbike2.jpg

bigbike.jpg

Last edited:
Well that bike above is large and a bit more finished than an earlier big bike known as the RoadDog. More info on the Road Dog (billed as the world's largest motorcycle) can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadog

Below is a picture of the RoadDog while at the AMA Vintage Days in 1997. Walneck's Magazine was the owner of the bike then and brought it around on the trailer shown.

Attachments

• roaddog.jpg
    roaddog.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 122
See, it might just be that they've found a really small woman, or even more bizarrely, the bike is near and she's a long way away!!!

Back