• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This 'MOA web site;

Polarbear

Polarbear
I enjoy coming here, reading, typing away and just hanging out. The site has its moments and lulls throughout the year. Right after a National Rally, one of the lull times occur and I find it boring and needing some spice added. What do we do? Summer trips by so many on bikes are still happening and yet the posts here are not the normal traffic I expect from such a group of touring type bikers. Am I just wrong? My wife and I recently purchased a new'08 KLR650 and the KLR.net is a huge site, with more reads than one can digest usually. I don't try too hard to compare my BMW Site with others, but am doing so here today. Maybe its our age thing, at an average age above most other sites! Don't know, but its definately a difference from site to site in particapation among riders. How about those, regional get together, tech sessions,cookouts,etcetc., KLR has among its riders! They are huge successes as I read about them and so much good comes from them, according to their riders:). We have our BMW Clubs all over, but nothing like this occurs on a national level, from region to region, on a regular basis. This is a bike specific event in the one model and we have GS's and all the others on BMW different models and not one of these type of get togethers has occured around my part of the country. This is just one comparison and not an end all, but we may need to consider something different and break away from the normal around here at BMWMOA:). Just consider it and offer some food for thought. Anybody else? Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear". PS; I'll offer my home to a Airhead and/or GS session/cookout anytime and may just have to get off my "bum" and do it:). I am a 'MOA guy for a long time and not too active with (nearest)local club activities. I live out of bounds, for the most part. Change:):eat :clap :D

The BMW-related activity is consistently high over at advrider, but with such an accessible forum, they're also filled with that many more obnoxious people.

With our paying-members-only parts of the MOA forum, it keeps our activity low, but quality high.

I personally am not offended by anything and say what I think, so I spend a lot of time on advrider just because of the "volume" and constant activity.. but that doesn't mean that I come here any less. I just end up "spending" that much more time at the computer instead of riding. :doh Haha.

EDIT: Also, I think that, in light of other threads recently, if the MOA opened regional forums, it would just look depressing.. for now. Maybe a couple posts here and there, and a lot of missed connections/meet-ups.. but I suppose a forum has to start somewhere.

I personally would love to have more BMW events around my neck of the woods, but wouldn't we all?

The BMW-related activity is consistently high over at advrider, but with such an accessible forum, they're also filled with that many more obnoxious people.

I heard it said best by one of the ADV locals. "There's a low signal to noise ratio on ADVRider. You just have to tune your reciever right."

Back