• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Holy Wiring Harness BAT MAN

thompsonr

Had a problem with my tail light for the first time and when I removed the lens I found this wiring harness. Any Idea why its there? Looks like wires are in a factory loom all wires are marked by some po and probably only make sense to him or her and none are hot.:doh Trailer hitch maybe?:confused:

Attachments

• TAIL LIGHT 001.jpg
    TAIL LIGHT 001.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
The units in the lower right and lower left look like "lite-buddies" made by Run-N-Lites. They are led units that supplement your brake or taillights. Google them for more info.

:dance :dance :dance

They are Hyper lights.This mess is what I am looking at. A little easier to see here.

Attachments

• TAIL LIGHT 003.jpg
    TAIL LIGHT 003.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 83
Here's what my tail light asssembly looks like. Its box-stock except for Hyper-lites.

Attachments

• taillite.jpg
    taillite.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 64
I dont know where the other end is at this time havent had time to check. The wires are in a plastic loom and I have used a tester and none are hot. Po has marked each wire with masking tape as to a different color to attach each to. But I just dont know..........

Last edited:
more info

The wires run to a black box it the tail that says- Priority Plus and maybe SOS on the lower edge. Anyone heard of such a thing?

Attachments

• TAIL LIGHT.jpg
    TAIL LIGHT.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Lee I will have to tinker with it and see if it still works! strange that the wires are all cut but marked oh well Mistery solved.Thanks again..

Back