• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where are you riding to this weekend?

2beers

Bear n Cass
I am still without bike so I need to live vicariously through the rets of you. Where are you going and how are you getting there?

Going to see Chris Hillman and Herb Peterson at the Ironhorse in North Hampton Mass. on Sunday.

Playing an Open Mic on Saturday.

Working the rest of the time.

Very little saddle time unfortunately..

I may have a limited weekend as well, we shall see. I'm thinking tomorrow after taking the dog to the vet I'll ride downtown to get some Mud Hens swag at the "Swamp Shop". I need a new hat and a sticker to put on the bike.

Sunday I might make a run with the R80 - either out to the Marblehead lighthouse or west on Route 65; both which mean nothing if you're not from the Toledo area. :laugh

Seriously, they both lead to nice areas and are some of the few semi-twisty roads in the area. :)

Ridin up I-70 through Breezwood then through Altoona PA to Clearfield county PA tomorrow (190 Miles) to the in-laws then back on Sunday.

Early Sat a.m. I'll be heading north from south-central WI (Lush green gentle rolling hills) to state hwy 33 west (Lots of twisties), then north thru the Mindoro cut (A squid fav), then west over to Old Man River (The mighty Missisidrippy) stopping for lunch in LaCrosse. Then comes the Great River Road south (Awesome vistas), I'll turn it east just before Prairie DuChien and wind my way through through Coulee Country (Lots of twistys/elevation changes), then east on state hwy 14 thru Madison then slab it home. Should be about a 420 mile loop.

This will be my first extended ride since my surgery. :uhoh

Oh yeah, I just scored a point and shoot digital camera so I may just (If I can figure out how) file a ride report complete w/pictures!!!!!

HURRY UP SATURDAY!! :eat

:p :clap :dance

Last edited:
Good for YOU, Cheesewhiz!

I am riding about 15 miles to Nagawicka Park for the Waukesha Blues Festival, to hear Bryan Lee, the Blind Giant of the Blues, and later Papa Chubby. (Saw him at Vermont in 2006.)

It will be a good way to celebrate my birthday. :)

Taking the long way to Hermy's tomorrow morning for a little service on the K. Need a need rear tire for my trip to Indy next month for the GP.

Sunday, who knows...but I'll think of something.

I'm heading out to ride dirt at a motorcross place near Mizeppa, Minnesota on my 250, along with my son and his buddies. We are pulling a trailer (gasp) with my gas guzzler GMC to haul all these bikes. Since I'm the only adult in this gang of boys, it will be watching out for everyone, making lunch duties, but I expect a great time is on the horizon! I can't wait!

I wish I had a HP2 to try out, though! Instead I will be riding my little 4 stroke Kawasak Super Sherpa!! I fully expect to be blown out of the water by this group of 13 and 14 yr old boys full of testoserone!

Last edited:
It is my intention to head out towards the plateau . . . I'll follow a familiar highway till I see one of those roads I've never taken and have no clue where it goes. I do this often and the practice has provided me with endless beautiful rides. On the last one though, the road kept getting smaller, the pavement went away, and all of a sudden I found myself in someones's front yard, surrounded by three large, very vocal dogs. The lady who came to the door of the house didn't shoot at me, but she didn't call off the dogs either.

Floyd

Now that I am back behind my fabulous RS bars, I am going to ride to breakfast and then head up to the Mackinaw Bridge and cross over to da U.P. eh.
I missed the Gillette rally because of surgery. I have been taking baby steps riding the red rocket. It is time to make longer rides.

Take Care & Ride Safe
Pat Carol

I'm gonna ride thru the Rockies to see my son in college. I know this special shortcut that turns my 3 hr ride into a 5 hr rt of twisties with no traffic. Probably go to Pinks at Banimere speedway sat afternoon.

Saturday, I am riding to Harnischfeger Park, North of Oconomowoc on back roads for a ADV riders meet and greet camp-out.
Sunday, I am quietly riding home.:laugh

I feel your pain

but I got mine back last weekend, and tomorrow morning I'm putting the last 50 miles on the first 500 of the new rings, and draining the oil. Then off to work.
Sunday morning I'm going to re-fill the oil and replace the filter, re-torque the heads, check valve clearances, button it up and off to work.
Monday, my real weekend, I'm going to ride enough to get it warm, synch the carbs and try and put on a hundred, now at two thirds throttle, (yahoo) up and down the tollway before I have to do a couple hours of work stuff.
Tuesday, the tag-end of my "weekend," I'm going to try and put on another 100 before work.

It's not much, but it's all I got. And doing what I can in the time I got is lots better than the past month of not riding at all!!!:laugh

In the Northeast we have had WEEKS of rain and probably 13 out of the last 14 days. Heavy rain, thunderstorms then clearing for an hour or two then heavy rain again.

I am nuts about keeping the bikes clean but I have given up.

I also no longer care about the weather- I go on rides whenever I feel like- don't even look at the forecast anymore. Yesterday I did 150 miles in mostly moderate to heavy rain.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to scout out the rest of a route for the Green Mountain Rally (9/12, 13 & 14) to Whitehorse Gear and back. About 300 miles round trip.

We're riding with a few Harley friends. (some of them can actually keep up!) Heading to Lineboro, MD to a buffalo farm. Why? No particular reason other than I want to see a buffalo.

Headed to Wallingford, Vermont. The MOVers are having a cook out.
Grillingbrats.gif

Back