• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Colors in the Catskills

colors

Careful with your terminology there my friend, "Hook Up" means something different these days. We all like Ian fine but a "Hook Up" is out of the question:D

Hey, it's not like Ian is riding sidesaddle on that mighty GS. :D

Friedle

No offense intended to those who do ride sidesaddle. :)

Hey, it's not like Ian is riding sidesaddle on that mighty GS. :D

Friedle

No offense intended to those who do ride sidesaddle. :)

ok, i am outed.

i am already signed up for SC... and i need to work in the interim between the NY and SC events.

*and* i want to try out my new dirt wheels for the HP2. butt... the 900 miles on the HP2 hauling two race stands and a second set of wheels is a bit ambitious.

so... if i can make it, i am taking my rv and trailering. is that the same as riding sidesaddle? :blush

ok, i am outed.

i am already signed up for SC... and i need to work in the interim between the NY and SC events.

*and* i want to try out my new dirt wheels for the HP2. butt... the 900 miles on the HP2 hauling two race stands and a second set of wheels is a bit ambitious.

so... if i can make it, i am taking my rv and trailering. is that the same as riding sidesaddle? :blush

I had multiple responses for this and then realized they would all get this thread moderated (or maybe Doghoused) so....

"on advice of my attorney I sight my 5th amendment rights".

ok, i am outed.

Well, I have nothing against someone trailering; you have good reasons listed! How about you bring some tire changing implements with you so I can ride over on my Anakee's and then switch to TKC-80's for the event? :D

Well, I have nothing against someone trailering; you have good reasons listed! How about you bring some tire changing implements with you so I can ride over on my Anakee's and then switch to TKC-80's for the event? :D
I call for a Toga Party in Ian's camper Saturday night!

It'll be chilly in the mountains that night so we'll have to double up on the togas!

And the beer.

And the bourbon.

And cigars :D

you mean tar arns?

Well, I have the "Bead BraKr" (sp?) and I've used to to change tires on my R80 before, but I really didn't enjoy the experience. Honestly, I just don't trust my own work. I have issues getting the bead to seat.. or at least trusting that it's properly seated. One was fine, the other was not quite right, the tube slipped a bit, and I had to replace it (paid someone else do to the work on the repair due to scheduling).

It'll be chilly in the mountains that night so we'll have to double up on the togas!

And the beer.

And the bourbon.

Toga party? Are you bringing some ladies, as well? When you say "double up" do you mean share with said ladies? :D

:hide

Well, I have the "Bead BraKr" (sp?) and I've used to to change tires on my R80 before, but I really didn't enjoy the experience.

i can change the tires on my R80G/SPD+ with just plain tar arns. no tire machine... right there on the ground.

no way on the HP or 1150, you have to have some way to break the bead and grip the rims. i think i have that bead breakr, too... and have not had much success with it.

Toga party? Are you bringing some ladies, as well? When you say "double up" do you mean share with said ladies? :D

wait until you see the size of the bed in this thing... it's the biggest i've ever seen in a camper. bigger than king size.

if this buggy's rockin' don't bother knockin! :jawdrop

i can change the tires on my R80G/SPD+ with just plain tar arns. no tire machine... right there on the ground.

That's it. Do you have time to do an Airhead GS tire changing school? :lurk

Of course, that might not be necessary if the terrain doesn't require knobbies.

no way on the HP or 1150, you have to have some way to break the bead and grip the rims. i think i have that bead breakr, too... and have not had much success with it.

It's worked really well for me, but again, just on Airhead rims. Made things terribly simple. I know a guy that uses it to change TKC80's on an '89GS without problems.

wait until you see the size of the bed in this thing... it's the biggest i've ever seen in a camper. bigger than king size.

if this buggy's rockin' don't bother knockin! :jawdrop

:ha

Last edited:

"Hello ladies! I'll just put your coats over here while you head over to the bar and make yourselves comfortable."

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damned glad to meet you.

And the beer.

And the bourbon.

:groovy

And the Catskills (as opposed to the Adirondacks) will never be the same again.

"Hello ladies! I'll just put your coats over here while you head over to the bar and make yourselves comfortable."

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damned glad to meet you.
:ha One of my favorite movies. I'd turned 18 five months before it opened. :thumb

:groovy

And the Catskills (as opposed to the Adirondacks) will never be the same again.
:nod I'm tellin' ya: if Visian comes up yonder, with that king sized bed and all those tires, it will really be a special event. :laugh

but for the Northeast, during Autumn colors? New England has us beat by a mile.

You got that right! :whistle :whistle :p

And if someone wants to ride the colors in October up this way, I'll offer some lawn space for a tent and a hot cup of coffee in the morning for NOTHING!! :)

:ha One of my favorite movies. I'd turned 18 five months before it opened. :thumb

:nod I'm tellin' ya: if Visian comes up yonder, with that king sized bed and all those tires, it will really be a special event. :laugh

Jon- You comin up for this one?

Snoone- No word from you?

I am really looking forward to seeing you on two wheels!

Jon- You comin up for this one?

Snoone- No word from you?

I am really looking forward to seeing you on two wheels!

Hey Bob, Sorry I've been living the good life in Mexico for the last couple of weeks. Just got back yesterday... I haven't firmed up any tight plan yet, but i'll be up there somewhere, somehow...

Hey Bob, Sorry I've been living the good life in Mexico for the last couple of weeks. Just got back yesterday... I haven't firmed up any tight plan yet, but i'll be up there somewhere, somehow...

Looking forward to seeing you Mitch!

Hope you had a nice vacation. Or business?

Rooms in Hunter

Ok - here's the most recent rundown.

The Kaatskill Mountain Club has almost booked out. We blocked rooms for BMWMOA/MAXBMW event and ran out of those at the lower prices.

I just contacted my wife..the GM and had her load up more at the discounted rate.

Studios without kitchens - queen bed and sofa bed - $150 per night....only eight left.

Studios with kitchen - queen bed or queen murphy bed plus sofa bed - $175 per night - blocked 12 more but they'll go fast.

Here's some additional lodging options that will definitely be cheaper than staying right on the slopes. All are within a few miles ride of Hunter on 23A.

Villa Vosilla - 518-589-5060
Mt. View Lodge - 518-263-4422
Fairlawn Inn - 518-263-5025
Hunter Inn - 518-263-3777 (not sure if they're opening yet for the weekend but call anyway)

BIG NEWS!!! Just slated an AMA Trials Event to take place over the same weekend. This event usually takes place at a smaller ski area in the Catskills but decided to move up to Hunter for better exposure this year. They're expecting about 40 participants including three or four pro riders.

It's gonna be a great weekend.

I'm headed out to the Watkins Glen Event tomorrow with some posters and flyers about the Colors in the Catskills festival. We'll see you all there.

Back