Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Colors in the Catskills

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    You would be better off just letting your KTM Kids teach you.

Or just get a Matador out of a barn and resort back to basics. Enough bull.

So that's a matador?

Old AMC commercial quote, if you recognize it, have a shot of geritol on me.
    Steve Marquardt

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhway View Post
    So that's a matador?

Old AMC commercial quote, if you recognize it, have a shot of geritol on me.
    It's not THAT old. At least I don't think I am.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    rats.

i appreciate this effort, here's a little input for future events.

it would be great to have to tracks/trails laid out for people who don't need training and just want to go riding. (realizing that one can always go find their own trails.... )

i wound up coughing up the $170 for the enduro course in spartanburg (cough, cough) even though i know the the course is a little basic for me, just so i could ride my bike. oh well, everyone can always use a little skills brush up.

i had wanted to bring my street wheels for the hp2, too... but another $170 to ride on the track?

thanks for doing the good things to put this on, michael.

ian
    Hello Ian,

The on slope riding will be limited to instructional rides ....for at least this year to start. We will have a number of dual purpose off road rides in the area on some county maintained dirt roads to keep people busy. MAX hasn't finalized the course cost yet, but for the cost of the Spartanburg course you could probably sign up for every course MAX will be offering over the three days.... and still have some change left over for a good beer time in the evening.

While we don't have a road track available, we are putting together arrangement for people to participate in the Lee Parks Total Control Class at a venue not too far from Hunter. Spend a day doing the Lee Parks class, come to Hunter and spend the night and then go riding on the local "black diamond" roads the following day. Sounds like a plan to me. Lee Parks will cost some money, but the "black diamond" roads are FREE!

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Man this is going to be a blast! 3 days aren't enough.
    Steve Marquardt

Thanks for all your efforts Michael, and to the rest of your team as well. I'm sure there is a lot going on to make this event successful.

This is looking more and more attractive every day! I will have to see about altering my schedule to allow attendance!
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    It's called GREED. Your utopian European friends apparently haven't discovered it.
    No, it's called capitalism, and the price reflects the demand.

So that's a matador?

I always wanted an Alpina 350

Back in the early 70's I wanted an Alpina 350 so bad it hurt. I thought it was the most beautiful Enduro (remember Enduro bikes?) ever built,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Marquardt

A Matador, not so much.

However the Matador left me flat.
    Steve Marquardt

Back in the early 70's I wanted an Alpina 350 so bad it hurt. I thought it was the most beautiful Enduro (remember Enduro bikes?) ever built,
    the alpina was a combination of bultaco's enduro (matador) and trials (sherpa T) models.

it was considered a light-enduro, best suited for trail riding. it was a very well-done bike... i restored one about 10 years ago, but sold it to another collector (ran out of room in the garage and learned that i wasn't very good at restoration).

and to keep the thread at least remotely on topic... hugh's bultaco in craryville, ny is not far from hunter mountain.

hugh bought out the inventory of failing bultaco dealers and is super-committed to the marque's preservation.

a visit to his shop is well worth the time.

ian

So Ian,

Are you coming up? I'll take the ride over to Hugh's with you, as long as its not a GS route to get there.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Back in the early 80's when I started working for Connecticut Suzuki (now CT Power and Sport) they had just sold all their Bultaco stuff to a guy in Agawam Mass. who was collecting Bultaco parts. I wonder if that inventory later went to Hugh's?

While we are hijacking, but to get back on track, sort of. (only my best english on the forum). Do you remember Ossa motorcycles? Bultaco's Spanish competitor. The connection is the short lived Yankee 500 Twingle motorcycle made with 2 Ossa 250 cylinders mated to a hybrid twin/single crankcase and built in......

Upstate New York! That was another case of moto lust for a young lad in the 70's. I'd love to find one of those around. Think 1972 version of a GS.
    Steve Marquardt

Upstate New York! That was another case of moto lust for a young lad in the 70's. I'd love to find one of those around. Think 1972 version of a GS.
    new berlin... unadilla
    binghampton... broome-tioga

saw one of those yankees at AMA Vintage Days a few years ago. Those things had to have been beasts!

now that i realize how close this event is to hugh's i have myself halfway talked into riding up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    new berlin... unadilla
    binghampton... broome-tioga

saw one of those yankees at AMA Vintage Days a few years ago. Those things had to have been beasts!

now that i realize how close this event is to hugh's i have myself halfway talked into riding up there.
    Come on up, us Yankees will always welcome the chance to fleece a Southern gentleman with our over-inflated prices .

I'll join you on a trip to Hugh's if you want company.
    Steve Marquardt

uh-oh....

Come on up...
    my schedule could *possibly* support working while on the road for the two weekend that the moa events are planned.

i'd have to stick to the nancy-boy trails, though, because we are in the middle of a big project... and if i hurt myself, we'll be in hot water.

ian