• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wanted, good summer rain gloves

RobertL

I'm looking for a good summer weight rain glove with the Squeegee built in to help keep my faceshield clean. Welcome suggestions and where they can be purchased.

Harley Davidson made a textile insulated rain glove with the wiper and they were awesome but didn't sell well with the HD crowd. They didn't have a metal concho or shield, either (probably why they didn't sell). I think they are "FXRS" model. You might find them in stock at a shop but you can't order them.

BradfordBenn said:
I have a pair of Held Storm (http://www.held-usa.com/heldglv.html) gloves with the built in squeege. I paid about $60 for them. I know that South Bend BMW (http://www.bmwmcsb.com/) has them in stock (or at least they did at 1PM today).

I have ridden with them in all day downpours with no problem. The shell gets wet, but the hands stay dry.

My kingdom for dry hands, how about when you stop for gas? The biggest problem I find is getting damp hands back into the glove.

Gail

I've got a pair of the BMW Summer Rain gloves that I'm happy with. They also have the built in squeegee thing that is really very useful for wiping away rain drops and bug guts. I think I paid about $70. This is my second season so far with them.

Carl

I get the Held Storm and AeroStich Triple Digit Rain Covers. Will take both on a trip to Ohio next month. Hope I don't have rain but will look forward to testing both. Thanks all

I think the Aerostich Triple digit rain covers can not be beat. Absolutely keeps your hands dry and you can wear whatever gloves you choose under them.

BMW Summer Rain Gloves

I was searching for some info on BMW's summer rain gloves and came across this thread.. My wife gave me these gloves recently as a present. They are nice enough however I have found they are the furthest thing away from being waterproof.. Rode in a torrential downpour the other day and my hands were soaked.. And the gloves took 3 days to dry out. Am I missing something? Is there a liner that goes in them? Or do they just suck?

Re: BMW Summer Rain Gloves

snoone said:
I was searching for some info on BMW's summer rain gloves and came across this thread.. My wife gave me these gloves recently as a present. They are nice enough however I have found they are the furthest thing away from being waterproof.. Rode in a torrential downpour the other day and my hands were soaked.. And the gloves took 3 days to dry out. Am I missing something? Is there a liner that goes in them? Or do they just suck?

I have had them for a few years and they did "suck" maybe?
My hands get wet but later with my hands and gloves in the sink full of water they were fine.
I bought some silk liners and I think that fixed it, I have only been through small showers and not a full rain after I got the liners.

It maybe sweat ?

No definately not sweat. After a 1 hr downpour these gloves were like sponges.. I have silk liners from some ski gloves that I can try.

My vote is for the AeroStick Triple Digit Covers

On our trip to Ohio last month we ran into a number of torrential downpours. The AeroStick Triple Digit Covers kept my hands dry as a bone. The thing I liked best was being able to use my standard gloves under the covers and I felt no need to stop and take them off between the downpours. Two friends who did the trip with me were so impressed that they ordered the covers.

Raim Gloves

Cannot help you with the squeege part of your needs but have been riding for 3 years with simple nylon overmits that are totallly waterproof and cheap. Have tried various "gloves" and found the only alternative that worked well were LARGE plumber rubber type gloves.. The other products including BMW's either did not last or simply did not work. Good hunting.

Back