• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2009 Tennessee National Rally

Didn't make either the RA or MOA this year. I made both in '07. I'm planning on making the MOA '09. Hoping to get my '74 R90 ready for that ride. I hope to see Ya at one of the Al. Beemers gettogathers before the National. Barry

This one should be huge. I'll volunteer to work a shift in the beer tent.

And we will need lots of volunteers in the beer tent at this National!

Beer Tent opens on the Wednesday afternoon and we keep cranking till closing time Saturday. Get in early? Volunteer for the Wednesday night shift-you will be surprised by the attendance that night. After pulling a 4 hour shift the night before the Rally starts, you really get in the Rally Groove quickly!:dance

When you work at the beer tent, you see everybody at the rally.

We'll be looking for you at the beer tent next July!:deal

:thumb :buds :beer :bar

And that's just for starters!
Looking forward to working with you again, sir! And perhaps Ossifer Bob, too?

If you don't see everybody there, then you haven't been looking very hard!

And we will need lots of volunteers in the beer tent at this National!

Beer Tent opens on the Wednesday afternoon and we keep cranking till closing time Saturday. Get in early? Volunteer for the Wednesday night shift-you will be surprised by the attendance that night. After pulling a 4 hour shift the night before the Rally starts, you really get in the Rally Groove quickly!:dance

When you work at the beer tent, you see everybody at the rally.

We'll be looking for you at the beer tent next July!:deal

Count me IN!

Looking forward to seeing "y'all" there. That's southern for "youse guys."

BTW- What's the plural of "y'all?" ........ "All y'all."

Count me IN!

Looking forward to seeing "y'all" there. That's southern for "youse guys."

BTW- What's the plural of "y'all?" ........ "All y'all."

Bob, you might need to bring a translator. I went to school with a fellow from Jersey and another from the Bronx. With my southern hillbilly drawl (southern has more than one accent), we needed a translator. In this area, fire sounds like far, tire sounds like tar, ain't is proper english and I'm considered a Yankee because I live in Virginia.

Bob, you might need to bring a translator. I went to school with a fellow from Jersey and another from the Bronx. With my southern hillbilly drawl (southern has more than one accent), we needed a translator. In this area, fire sounds like far, tire sounds like tar, ain't is proper english and I'm considered a Yankee because I live in Virginia.

Hi Ken,

I don't need no stinkin' translator! I know that each letter is a syllable down there. :laugh

I have roots in Chattanooga and lived in Richmond for 4 years and Fayetteville, NC for another 4 before returning to the area I grew up in.

Looking forward to meeting you and your CLC in TN!

Hi Ken,

I don't need no stinkin' translator! I know that each letter is a syllable down there. :laugh

So "All Ya'll" think we talk funny huh? Not funny to me....I have had this accent all my life! Ya'll the ones that talk funny!:blah

Yeah, we may leave off a letter or two every now and then but why waste 'em?...we may need 'em later.

There will be many "local" translators on site to help...believe me! Yep...this is gonna be fun! :laugh

So "All Ya'll" think we talk funny huh? Not funny to me....I have had this accent all my life! Ya'll the ones that talk funny!:blah

Yeah, we may leave off a letter or two every now and then but why waste 'em?...we may need 'em later.

There will be many "local" translators on site to help...believe me! Yep...this is gonna be fun! :laugh
Vance, on the forum your accent sounds fine to me. :laugh

We will be staying in historic Jonesborough (Tennessee's oldest town) -- wonderful B&B's there. We're booked at the Blair Moore House.

My wife usually flies to the location (Lima, Milwaukee) but this time she will ride with me. Look forward to meeting a lot of you there. This is going to be great.

Count me in as a Volunteer for the beer tent. I intend to arrive by Tuesday and camp out at the Rally site. Ride Safe :drink

Hmmm... According to Google Maps, Calgary to Johnson City is 3,685 km (2,289 miles) ÔÇô about 1 day 12 hours. I've wanted to ride east for a while and this just might be the push I need to do it.

bring chicken. :D

and... i volunteer to research riding and prepare rides.

oh, and i know some roads around there.... :evil

ian

Thanks Ian....I think no on the chicken :eat ! I doubt I will be ready to eat chicken again by that time. Too soon after the "Chicken Rally" you know! Already working on some rides up there...and there are a few! Send 'em to me if ya got 'em!

Well Tess...I guess that Southern Style keyboard I had Dell build me really works! :laugh

Three of us who live in the area and plan on mapping out some of our favorite rides (road numbers, miles, etc.) and send them in. We ride the mountains of Virginia, Ashe county in NC and the Shady Valley/Mountain City area of Tennessee all the time. We don't know the road numbers or exact distances. We know how long it takes to get to a good place for lunch and an alternate route to return home. Most of our rides are 150-225 miles long but there are good shortcuts on almost all of them and we plan on making the rides multiple distances with the shortcuts included.

We have a copy of the Johnson City (I think) Chamber of Commerce "a 12 Pack To Go" suggestions for a dozen rides but they appear to be more like suggested Sunday family car rides and they don't give any distances or road numbers. We plan on contacting them to see if they have more detailed directions and if so, we'll give them a try and check them out.

Ken Osborne

Thanks for the input. There are a couple folks working on this already as well. I do understand the handout we had in Gillette is not worth a great deal. I was not aware until we got there that those were going to be available so obviously I did not know how complete the information was. In any event, I know there is some really good stuff up there. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the input. There are a couple folks working on this already as well. I do understand the handout we had in Gillette is not worth a great deal. I was not aware until we got there that those were going to be available so obviously I did not know how complete the information was. In any event, I know there is some really good stuff up there. Thanks for your help!

I suspect we're talking about the same folks.

CAMPING AREA AND MOTO-CROSS TRACK
P7250635.jpg

There were some exhibit hall that looked to be air conditioned.
Vanmar, THANKS! for taking this on. I'll be there, and will be volunteering. :blah

Motocross track! :clap

This year was a nice first test of a track near/on the rally. Next year's rally, we should make far more use of it.

2,630 miles the short way from here, and probably enough wiggling and wandering to make for a near 7,000 mile trip. :eat

Motocross track! :clap

This year was a nice first test of a track near/on the rally. Next year's rally, we should make far more use of it.

scott - the mx track is right on the rally grounds.

and... i just got an extra set of dirt wheels/tires for the HP2... :evil

ian

Back