Thread: F650cs Battery Problems?

F650cs Battery Problems?

I have two questions.

1. Has anyone heard about short battery-life problems on the F65cs?

2. Does anyone have a source for gel battery replacement for this bike?

An enquiring mind wants to know!

I don't know if the CS came with a gel battery but check out the pros & con's of a gel battery, most recently I think in the BMW On magazine or RA's OTL. There was a very informative article on the gel batteries and the charging requirements.

It was the BMW On magazine and it was either April or May issue.
    I had an issue with my GS battery, developed a leak. Long story short battery was warranted after insisting the dealer check it for a leak after it went dry a 2nd time. Battery number 2 is doing o.k. so far. Better than the wiring harness under the gage cluster. Hope the CS doesn't have the same design flaw which has the harness rubbing on the headlight housing which shorted out. The bike is in the shop and awaiting parts. I'm riding out to the National rally in July.

Troy...

Thanks for getting back to me about gel batteries. Sorry to be late with my thanks. The guys at my dealer are scouting around for a gel that will fit in the limited space in the CS. So far, no joy.

I suspect that the fact that the battery is pretty hard to get at, and is fairly small, accounts for very isolated tales of battery problems.
    Add our desert heat and it pays to check battery levels regularly.

Art