• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My first ride videos

RTRandy

This has been a self taught process including getting these on the web. Not sure why they came out so small on the web, but I was able to make a DVD and watch these on a large 46 inch flat screen. (16X 9)

There are two videos: One shot in NM while the other was shot around Flaming Gorge.

Hope this works and be sure to turn up the sound. Enjoy the ride.

Try here: http://web.mac.com/rpscott2/Site/Descent_on_Flaming_Gorge_-_Utah.html

And try here for second video.
http://web.mac.com/rpscott2/Site/run_through_NM.html

Last edited:
Nice.
Can you tell us who is the artist singing in the Flaming Gorge video?

Kind of a complicated answer. To answer your question the singer is a gal that goes by her single name, Lissie. She is supposed to come out with her first album next year on Sony.

The music itself is done by a guy named Morgan Page who makes these mixes. The song is The Longest Road ( available on iTunes ) with three versions on the same album. This is the version that's 5:43 in length.

Got them to play on my Mac. Seems to be very good quality compression you've used, what did you use to shoot with and edit and compress?

Plays fine in quicktime on my PC.

Nice job!

Can't recall when I set Real Player as my default, probably some little Sh*t has a programme imbedded in the last update I got from them that does it automatically...to help.

I'll go and swap it back to QT on the PC. As I said, works on the Mac.

One tip for RT Randy... get off the bike sometimes and film, it adds variety to a long stretch of road and gives you a bit of flexibility when you are editing.

Nice job ...some of the best sound track quality I have received from an embedded video....even sounds pretty good on my portable PC....

Got them to play on my Mac. Seems to be very good quality compression you've used, what did you use to shoot with and edit and compress?

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback.

For the New Mexico shoot I used my older camera first which is a Sony Cybershot. This was the first time I was using a new mounting system and I was afraid to use my new camera in case the camera blew away or something. ( Just didn't know what to expect) Actually it worked great.

For the Utah shot I used a new Panasonic DMC-TZ5. Look here for more info: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545286-REG/Panasonic_DMC_TZ5K_Lumix_DMC_TZ5_Digital_Camera.html

I actually bought mine from Amazon. The key is it has a very high quality large Lieca lens with a wide angle of 28mm which is wider than the standard 35mm point and shoot cameras. Great for shooting outdoor mountain shots plus the 10X optical has an incredible telephoto at the other end. This is the reason why you see the windshield on Utah video and not the other. I later changed the mount to get the camera away from the windshield.

Since I use a Mac, I tried iMovie for the first time so these were my first attempt at editing movies. I had no idea how to work it, but was able to get some basics out of it. What's really cool is the new camera shoots in 16 x 9 high def (720i)
so you can watch it on a big screen at home. The sound just pulls what I have in iTunes.

Since I use a Mac, I tried iMovie for the first time so these were my first attempt at editing movies. I had no idea how to work it, but was able to get some basics out of it.

Nice vids, Randy! Are you using iLife08?

If you upload it to a .mac ("mobileme" now) web gallery, they'll play on an iPhone. Unfortunately the iWeb doesn't seem to load the proper format.

Thanks for the tip on the camera. :thumb

Nice vids, Randy! Are you using iLife08?

If you upload it to a .mac ("mobileme" now) web gallery, they'll play on an iPhone. Unfortunately the iWeb doesn't seem to load the proper format.

Thanks for the tip on the camera. :thumb

On this compression, try downloading Isquint...it's free and will compress fro Iphone and ipod and other mp3 devices.

Simple drag and drop.

Back