• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Secondary roads MA to Camden ME?

ridgerunner

considering Rte 125 Andover to Rochester NH, then rte 202 up thru Sanford-Gorham-LA-Augusta then rte 17 to Rockport. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
considering Rte 125 Andover to Rochester nH, then Rte 202 up thru Sanforf-Westbrook-LA-Augusta then rte 17 to Rockport. Any suggestions?

Go for it. On Friday, I'm slabbing it to Augusta before I get off onto the better bike roads from there to NB.

Ridge,

Once in Augusta, take rte 105 to Camden. Much more interesting than 17. Stay on 105 - it junctions with other roads, 220 in Washington (make a left) but splits (make a right) a few miles north again. 131 (make a left again) at Morang Corner. Splits again (make a right) somewhere around North Appleton and becomes just 105 (Camden Road) again. From there Rockport is just a couple Miles south down rte 1. Be aware that 1 in summer can be hella busy. BUT, if you have the time, check out rte 73 south out of Rockland. Takes you down the peninsula and intersects rte 131. Make a left on 131 toward Tenants Harbor and Port Clyde. You can ride right to the water. You wont be disappointed. Then, 131 north back to rt 1 and you can decide where to go from there.

My pleasure! You wont regret it.

105 can be a little tough to get to but here's my best method if you're coming up 202. Once you get into Augusta on 202 (a nice ride for the vast majority of the time from NH) you'll hit the "main drag", Western Ave. You'll know where you are by all the lights. It's still 202. Take it all the way to the rotary. Be in the right lane at the rotary entrance, you're taking the 2nd exit and crossing the bridge. Once across the bridge again be in the right lane. You'll see construction on your immediate right and the old Cony High School at about 2:00 on the rotary. You're going to want to take the exit on the LEFT side of the old school (at about 1:45) The Rte 105 signs should point you that way. It's "technically" the second exit as well but there's a right branch just before you get to the rotary entrance that doesn't really count. As you pass the school on your right you'll see more construction and head up the hill. At the top of the hill, the road forks, stay left. That's 105. South Belfast Avenue.

At the intersection of rtes 105 and 32 in Windsor, be sure to stop at Hussey's General Store. The sign says "Guns, Wedding Gowns, Cold Beer
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/husseys-general-store-in-windsor-maine/2302392461

Enjoy!

Back