• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Wallowing silver GS

bmwrebel

Is the photo of the silver GS wallowing in the mud taken in the area where the awards were held? If so I feel pretty good I was able to ride my humble K75S :heart across that mud field on the way to the showers. :clap It looked dry, but the dry was only an inch deep. Great fun (not). Rebel

no, that was out at the motocross track.

however, if you made it across that racetrack where the closing ceremonies were held, you have a lot to be proud of. that stuff was like grease. :thumb

ian

Wallowing????? :heh

Okay... my cat is decideing to help me type.... all over my keyboard...

that was the less deep sections... i thought i found a dry spot to stop and put a foot down... looked like a rock but was not.... the stuff got deep in places... i sat down off the pegs at about 2mph and the bike just goes whoops... we had a KTM 950 up there that got bogged down up to its axel in one spot... the biggest problem was my front wheel got locked up with mud which did not help keeping the bike moving forward.... the slimey stuff is not easy to ride... just wish i had a lower to the ground cycle :D

Back